Train collides with tractor-trailer stranded on tracks

Sooooo. Was the truck stuck on the tracks and needed to be yanked off the tracks? Did the transmission or clutch fail, or did the starter burn up and would not turn the engine while tranny was in granny?? OR. Did someone panic?

Sooooo. Was the truck stuck on the tracks and needed to be yanked off the tracks? Did the transmission or clutch fail, or did the starter burn up and would not turn the engine while tranny was in granny?? OR. Did someone panic?

Article that I read said his landing gear was hung-up on the tracks.

From the story:

The truck’s load of trail mix was not as lucky and was scattered everywhere in the accident.

Wow.

Unlucky trail mix.

The horror!

First thing is to hop out and call 911 so they can get ahold of the train authorities...

if you take a set of jumper cables and attach them to both tracks it will signal that there is something on the tracks and the train will stop unless it is a mile or less down the track .

connect red on left and red on right. or lay a steel rod across both tracks this also works.

well with the trail mix from this wreck, and the egg's from the other thread, it's a good day for the food banks to get some free food...

I know some rail road tracks rise up higher than the road,so if you don't angle over them.
And you are heavy, the landing pads could get hung up.
Approaching at an angel doesn't always work on some of the grade crossings.
You could still get one pad stuck,best to use ones own judgment,if you can,or can't make it.

I knew of a driver that had the landing gear caught on tracks & a switch engine regularly traveled that crossing. The driver tried to get the attention of a rail worker. He said the worker all but ignored him till he told him he had a load of dynamite!

Thank You FLOUNDER,
I've never read about a truck-trailer combo ever becoming stuck on a R.R. crossing.
I'm so glad and educated that I decided to read this thread.
I feel so much better, so again, Thank You.

Thank the GODS 4 something...........end of line