R&L | Transfer policy

LehighValley

TB Lurker
Credits
Does R&L have a transfer policy for the drivers? If so, how does it work? Do you have to work for a certain period of time before you're allowed to transfer? How does the seniority work if you can transfer to a different location?

i do not believe they have one. evryone i know of(2 people) who tried to transfer were denied. i have been here 10 yrs and know of no one who has been successful. the way i understand it....r&l would rather have someone with little to no exp. but who knows the area(getting around) where they work over someone with yrs of exp. with the r&l system and way of doing things.

It is possible if there is an opening at the terminal that you want to go to and if they can find a replacement for you where you are. We have a few people who have transfered in,and I know of a few that have transfered out. It takes awhile to get it done,but not impossible.

that right i tranfer from chicago to atl . you have to wait for a open at the terminal . some time it goes fast and sometime a take a while . it took 7 months you lose your seniority for 1 year and seniority only work for vaction and layoff for 1 year. call the terminal that you want to go to, to see if they need someone make sure they out your paperwork thur because my reg. manger never did i was told that he didn't once i got mine. good luck

We had 2 transfer into scr over the last couple of years. I believe both had no problems transferring because our terminal was always looking for drivers at the time of their transfers. Both had to stay for 1 year before their overall seniority kicked in per company policy. Of course there are going to be denied requests though when you are trying to transfer to a terminal that needs no drivers. Some guys are offended by this but business is business guys.

We had 2 transfer into scr over the last couple of years. I believe both had no problems transferring because our terminal was always looking for drivers at the time of their transfers. Both had to stay for 1 year before their overall seniority kicked in per company policy. Of course there are going to be denied requests though when you are trying to transfer to a terminal that needs no drivers. Some guys are offended by this but business is business guys.

I spoke with someone today who said the same thing. It's 1 year of service before you can transfer and there must be an opening at the center you're wishing to move to.

We have had one driver with a successful transfer. He was approved for a transfer one month after applying for it. He was then told he would be eligible for the next open position with one week off to move to the new area. He got 2 days notice that he was expected for work at the new terminal on monday, 1000 miles away... BOL

Last rumor I heard, sorry but it's all I got, was if you transfered out you start over under what was paramount scale, lose all senority.

Came from another driver so it has to be true right???:shifty: