FedEx Freight | Trick #10: Anti-Union Committee

Joe Nuno

Teamster member 848
Credits
Before the Union election, a so-called "Vote No Committee" will mysteriously appear. The Antiunion Committee will do the company's dirty work. They may pass out literature filled with the company's lies about the union, or they may spread rumors and insult coworkers who support the union. The Vote No Committee members may be recruited from friends and relatives of someone in management. Usually, they are promised special treatment or a promotion for their dirty work.

The Truth:
The company knows that if you and your coworkers are united, you can stand up with your rights. The aim of the Antiunion Committee is to divide people and create hatred. The company tries to divide us, but the Union brings us together. Don't let it happen to you.

The end game is to make sure this Drive is Fair and Balance and to stop people like you from blinding the truth.

No, that is what your profess to be currently doing.
What I asked is this. When (if) Fx goes union, what is your end? What do you have to gain, since you are not even employed by Fx?
Are you just spreading the truth from the goodness of your heart? Call me a sceptic, but I just dont buy that. .

2nd,
How am I blinding the truth?
I have stated many times, that I am neither for nor opposed to the union. The burden is on the union to convince ME, and other drivers, that the master you serve, is somehow superior to our current masters. .
Fx going union, means millions, potentially billions of $ for someone. Dont for a second, try to sell me on the idea that a union has anyone, but their own best interests at heart.
Otherwise, you would not be here.

And, as far as "dividing people, and creating hatred"
Dont worry, you (union) have already done that. In the last 4 months alone, this forum is more polarized than it ever has been.

"The company tries to divide us, but the union brings us together "

I have noticed, all your rants end with a generic quote such as the above.
How many fortune cookies did you have to open to get them all?

What I asked is this. When (if) Fx goes union, what is your end? What do you have to gain, since you are not even employed by Fx?
Are you just spreading the truth from the goodness of your heart? Call me a sceptic, but I just dont buy that. .

2nd,
I have stated many times, that I am neither for nor opposed to the union. The burden is on the union to convince ME, and other drivers, that the master you serve, is somehow superior to our current masters. .
Fx going union, means millions, potentially billions of $ for someone. Dont for a second, try to sell me on the idea that a union has anyone, but their own best interests at heart.

Dont worry, you (union) have already done that. In the last 4 months alone, this forum is more polarized than it ever has been.

"The company tries to divide us, but the union brings us together "

I have noticed, all your rants end with a generic quote such as the above.
How many fortune cookies did you have to open to get them all?
I think you may be leaning more non union....just saying....

I think you may be leaning more non union....just saying....

No doubt.
I have personally seen the division it causes. Father in law retired from YRC, uncle from the Post Office, and 3 friends work for KCS. Dirty, underhanded, and illegal stories beyond count.

As I said, the burden is on the union to sell themselves. I need more than rants of "Fair Treatment!"
So far, all I have heard it empty promises of a utopian workplace.
But the record speaks for itself. So, yeah. UPS has a good contract. Ok, thats one.
Id run out of space listing the failed contracts.

I have to KNOW, not be told, that there will be a DRAMATIC change in pay, insurance, and stability at FX. Just to put up with the headaches of a union (squabbling everytime there is a new vote) is going to take at least $3hr,and. 18cpm more. Can they deliver that?

Fx has a TON of work to do and im not opposed to the threat of a union to put their ass in gear.
Our pay is slipping every year. We play 2nd stage to mid grade carriers every time we get a "raise"
Health care must be addressed, where what raise we do see, is not totally absorbed by the cost of it.

Fx is the largest, most profitable ltl carrier. Its drivers should be treated as such.

2nd,

Then be more specific of your question!
The end of game here is to see the respect, dignity and a fair contract here.
As to what I gain here! Is the satisfaction of my brothers and sisters having a voice without a fear of retaliation from the company, that FedEx employees would be able to create a CBA contract along with the employer.
And not just FedEx corp creating a one way company policy book.
And yes it is from the bottom of my heart.

Then be more specific of your question!
The end of game here is to see the respect, dignity and a fair contract here.
As to what I gain here! Is the satisfaction of my brothers and sisters having a voice without a fear of retaliation from the company, that FedEx employees would be able to create a CBA contract along with the employer.
And not just FedEx corp creating a one way company policy book.
And yes it is from the bottom of my heart.

So, some people fish, some hunt, some garden, some train dogs, but your hobby is to fight for truth, and justice?

Ther is no way,, NO WAY you wont see some personal gain out of all of this.

Call me a pessimist all you want, but I believe nothing you say.

So, some people fish, some hunt, some garden, some train dogs, but your hobby is to fight for truth, and justice?

Ther is no way,, NO WAY you wont see some personal gain out of all of this.

Call me a pessimist all you want, but I believe nothing you say.
I have no issues on your choice of believing, agree!
I respect your thought.

No doubt.
I have personally seen the division it causes. Father in law retired from YRC, uncle from the Post Office, and 3 friends work for KCS. Dirty, underhanded, and illegal stories beyond count.

As I said, the burden is on the union to sell themselves. I need more than rants of "Fair Treatment!"
So far, all I have heard it empty promises of a utopian workplace.
But the record speaks for itself. So, yeah. UPS has a good contract. Ok, thats one.
Id run out of space listing the failed contracts.

I have to KNOW, not be told, that there will be a DRAMATIC change in pay, insurance, and stability at FX. Just to put up with the headaches of a union (squabbling everytime there is a new vote) is going to take at least $3hr,and. 18cpm more. Can they deliver that?

Fx has a TON of work to do and im not opposed to the threat of a union to put their ass in gear.
Our pay is slipping every year. We play 2nd stage to mid grade carriers every time we get a "raise"
Health care must be addressed, where what raise we do see, is not totally absorbed by the cost of it.

Fx is the largest, most profitable ltl carrier. Its drivers should be treated as such.
Nothing is perfect but it's still the best game in town. If more union company's start going out in guessing wages for the nons may also go lower.... Just my thought....

I guess if I dont want the Union I will be considered Antiunion. I have had no conversations with the company only other co workers. I had my experience with Union and didnt like it. I came to FedEx under free will and wish to remain the same. There are a lot of ex-Union workers here that have had bad experiences with lay-offs and closures. I see no reason for the Union and would never try and persuade a Union supporter because they have their reasons. I know that the bottom of the board could very well be laid off when it gets slow. I also know we could lose the option of the dock. None is negotiated yet. Get a contract then come ask for my vote.
Before the Union election, a so-called "Vote No Committee" will mysteriously appear. The Antiunion Committee will do the company's dirty work. They may pass out literature filled with the company's lies about the union, or they may spread rumors and insult coworkers who support the union. The Vote No Committee members may be recruited from friends and relatives of someone in management. Usually, they are promised special treatment or a promotion for their dirty work.

The Truth:
The company knows that if you and your coworkers are united, you can stand up with your rights. The aim of the Antiunion Committee is to divide people and create hatred. The company tries to divide us, but the Union brings us together. Don't let it happen to you.

No matter how you slice it dice it or dissect it better with than without.

The facts prove otherwise.

As far as the trucking Industry, the unions track record has been less than impressive.

Right now, non-union carriers are thriving, and its been that way for a solid decade.

I guess if I dont want the Union I will be considered Antiunion. I have had no conversations with the company only other co workers. I had my experience with Union and didnt like it. I came to FedEx under free will and wish to remain the same. There are a lot of ex-Union workers here that have had bad experiences with lay-offs and closures. I see no reason for the Union and would never try and persuade a Union supporter because they have their reasons. I know that the bottom of the board could very well be laid off when it gets slow. I also know we could lose the option of the dock. None is negotiated yet. Get a contract then come ask for my vote.
Thats my feelings.

I dont want any maybes, or "well, settle for xx this contract, the renegotiate next time"

Get something in stone, then get with me.

If you see that as "letting everyone else take the risks, and do the work, then me reap the benefits" then so be it. This is your cause to champion, not mine.

When it gets slow, how would being union mean the bottom of the board gets laidoff? Nobody can control a slowdown in freight. And why would you lose the option of the dock?

FYI: Fedex big wigs have a contract. The pilots have been union for approximately 20 years.So why is freight so against the union when there pilots have never had a problem nor has fedex with them.

FYI: Fedex big wigs have a contract. The pilots have been union for approximately 20 years.So why is freight so against the union when there pilots have never had a problem nor has fedex with them.

Fedex drivers refuse to drive, they just call in some contract guys to pick up the slack.
Quite a few drivers out there.

Fx pilots refuse to fly, Fx has problems.

At our anti-union meetings 1 of my co-workers asked the tm about putting the removal of the scorecard on paper and he said no. That's why I'm pro union because at least whatever is negotiated is "DOWN ON PAPER"!!!

"Courage"

Some want to think hope is lost see me stand alone
I can't do what others may want then I'll have no home

So for now wave good-bye and leave your hands held high
Hear this song of courage long into the night
So for now wave good-bye and leave your hands held high
Hear this song of courage long into the night

And the wind will bear my cry to all who hope to fly
Hear this song of courage ride into the night

Battles are fought by those with the courage to believe
They are won by those who find the heart
Find a heart to share