Truck Inspections to Continue All Week

nemf

TB Lurker
Credits
Governor Rell Announces First Day of Truck Inspections on Avon Mountain Find Numerous Violations | All American Patriots

Among the early stops was the driver of a New England Motor Freight tractor trailer. The Elizabeth, New Jersey company has a lengthy history of various of violations reaching back to 1999, and the DMV imposed a registration suspension for failing to pay fines for previous violations. This 2000 International tractor pulling a trailer was found to have no rear stoplights, no driver log book and an inoperable warning device notifying the driver when the air becomes low for the vehicle’s brakes. DMV had both the truck and trailer towed from the scene.

"Excellence in Motion" = Bulls Eye

The multi-millionaire owner of NEMF must be very proud of the reputation his safety department has in Conn. "Excellence in Motion" is the logo on the back of their trailers...NEMF has a lot of good hard working drivers & I hope that they didn't have a target on their backs last night.

it was the excellence in motion driver that pre triped this excellence in motion truck and trialer I am glad this guy didnt drive over my family on the hiway with no turn signals no log book .

In addition, DMV inspectors stopped one truck driver traveling on the steeply graded mountain that was operating in violation of a full suspension order for failing to pay numerous fines for nearly 150 violations in Connecticut in the last eight years.

This doesn't say much for Connecticut's DMV. I thought that it was all about revenue & yet they have allowed NEMF to operate there on the suspended list.

it was the excellence in motion driver that pre triped this excellence in motion truck and trialer I am glad this guy didnt drive over my family on the hiway with no turn signals no log book .

I thought the day guys don't need a log book unless they work over a certain number of hours?

Just another union trucking company getting ready to go down the tubes...

Just before Preston cloised they had DOT issues, as did Red Star, APA. A sure sign that NEMF is headed to that big junk yard in the sky...

I beleive a local driver needs to fill out a log if they are on the clock more than twelve hours punch to punch. This would include your lunch so 11.5 paid working hours. Or if you travel more than 100 air miles from your origin terminal.

I beleive a local driver needs to fill out a log if they are on the clock more than twelve hours punch to punch. This would include your lunch so 11.5 paid working hours. Or if you travel more than 100 air miles from your origin terminal.

that is correct, but they would not have to fill out the log until the end of the day when they returned to the terminal to clock out so that driver would not of had a log anyway. he had to be linehaul..