R&L | truck swaps

R&Ls best year

One of the Wilmington teams that finds its way to south Texas on a regular run says that the Roberts say
"This is one of the best years R&L has ever had "
what the *#@*&

:Bondage:think profits,not volumne. when you use low paid abco and spirit drivers, elimanate over 100 of your teams, use outside carriers or paramount instead of you regular linehaul drivers, and leave them at home, when you push your city drivers past the point of good service and the customers suffer, and you lay off dock workers you really need, yes, the roberts are having a great year probably.its just the rest of us suffering. but hasnt that always the r&l way the last couple of years?we are not a family anymore. we are tools to be used and discarded when their highnesses the roberts decree.

asked rl this question last night (what kind of year is rl carriers having) answer was better freight volumes than most other ltl in the industry but very hard to make any profit. Prices on ltl our at a 30 year record low. They hope things get better in the us soon. They said we are a great carrier in a very tough market, with too little freight and to many trucks in the market space. they also said it was one of the toughest years they had to deal with.Why dont some one else ask and see what they get for a second answer? see if its a canned message or a totaly different answer.

thanks for the different perspective.i may have been too critical, but what i said is true,tho i admit the market for ltl carriers is terrible.as a team driver, the last year or so with all the changes, not knowing whats next, and not working has pretty much gotten me down on rl.i know so things have to be cut, but its the way they do it that kills me.and i think zimmerman is leading this company in the same direction as yrc.we have lost the rl way, i hopewe get it back.