Yellow | Trucking Company Insignia Patches!

Thanks FM, enjoyed looking at the logos from back when logos actually involved a little color and personality rather than just block letters on a white background.

Had friends and relitives that worked for at least 10 of those companys... great times and good memories of them all..

Great link! So how many of these do you have to remember to be officially considered an old timer? Lol cause I remember a bunch!

If you want to see pictures of old trucks and old truck companys go to you tube and type in old truck companys.. they have lots of pages of pictures and tributes.. Also theres a link at hanks truck pictures

If you want to see pictures of old trucks and old truck companys go to you tube and type in old truck companys.. they have lots of pages of pictures and tributes.. Also theres a link at hanks truck pictures

Or if you want to see tons of old equipment in person just take a ride over to your local yrc junk yard!!!:biglaugh:

Wheres the Transamerican patch, its only been 43 years this month since they closed and were the 2nd biggest in the country.

PS: I have a couple of old Transamerican uniform jackets from the 50s. One has the Teamster safety award patch for safe driving, you know, back when it was a real trucking union.
The company use to give out all kinds of safety stuff so after 15, 20 years your jacket would give General Patton's dress uniform a run for it's money!

Or if you want to see tons of old equipment in person just take a ride over to your local yrc junk yard!!!:biglaugh:

Wheres the Transamerican patch, its only been 43 years this month since they closed and were the 2nd biggest in the country.

PS: I have a couple of old Transamerican uniform jackets from the 50s. One has the Teamster safety award patch for safe driving, you know, back when it was a real trucking union.
The company use to give out all kinds of safety stuff so after 15, 20 years your jacket would give General Patton's dress uniform a run for it's money!
Big R would issue us safety points that I would redeem every quarter for a $50.00 Walmart gift card. Who knows, maybe they had a Long Branch card but then, you were a Yellow Dog.

I saw an old union freightline video.someone made a comment about what the unions did bad for the industry.so sad when people don't have the real facts about how the industry changed and how the business' disappeared.the shocking truth would make all americans mad

Big R would issue us safety points that I would redeem every quarter for a $50.00 Walmart gift card. Who knows, maybe they had a Long Branch card but then, you were a Yellow Dog.

Ye, not to mention the Stocks the BBQ'S & Jackets!!!

Ye, not to mention the Stocks the BBQ'S & Jackets!!!
I'll never forget the time that an old steward told me that back in the day one of the B.A.'s for Local 24 in Akron pulled up in his black Caddy, popped open the trunk, and pulled out a set of gold plated golf clubs! Now those were the days!

The Holland patch shouldn't be included as they are still in business , the Roadway and Yellow patches should be included as they are kaput.

my dad worked for TIME-DC to and i worked for Alvan hard to beleve that many companys are gone.Nice collection thanks for sharing them with us