Yellow | Trucking Company Insignia Patches!

I worked casual dock for a bunch of those old co's, Duff was the best,nice people to work for.I wonder if you can get patches made some where.I'd buy em,and i bet others would too.Anyone know?

My Dad too. Over 28 1/2 years at Time D C when they closed. Forced him to retire at a very reduced pension...

I moved the images to my Flicker account and I don't think that requires registration before you can view them.

ltmdwb's photosets on Flickr

By the way if you have any truck company patches that yo would like to trade or sell to me let me know!

Dale

I moved the images to my Flicker account and I don't think that requires registration before you can view them.

ltmdwb's photosets on Flickr

By the way if you have any truck company patches that yo would like to trade or sell to me let me know!

Dale

Hey nice to see ya back Turboj !
Are you on parole ?
Or if you want to see tons of old equipment in person just take a ride over to your local yrc junk yard!!!:biglaugh:

Wheres the Transamerican patch, its only been 43 years this month since they closed and were the 2nd biggest in the country.

PS: I have a couple of old Transamerican uniform jackets from the 50s. One has the Teamster safety award patch for safe driving, you know, back when it was a real trucking union.
The company use to give out all kinds of safety stuff so after 15, 20 years your jacket would give General Patton's dress uniform a run for it's money!

Well this was all helped along by Jimmy Carter and Deregulation! June 1st,1980 put the whole industry backwards for ever and sealed the fate of many mom and pop outfits!

Good to see a post from you!
Thanks! After getting Slapped up side the head for being an A-Hole, and being allowed to come back, my Laptop Crashed!! What should have been an easy reinstall turned into a night mare and just got it back online this week. Somebody making sure I give up on that being an Arse stuff. :hide:

PS... I don't know how on Earth you guys can Type on them stinking Tablets or Phones. I got a headache from just hitting the "Likes". :confused:

A Year old post Man......Turbo is still not with us. :frown:
I miss his sarcastic and witty posts, it was a travesty to lose him.
Thanks! After getting Slapped up side the head for being an A-Hole, and being allowed to come back, my Laptop Crashed!! What should have been an easy reinstall turned into a night mare and just got it back online this week. Somebody making sure I give up on that being an Arse stuff. :hide:

PS... I don't know how on Earth you guys can Type on them stinking Tablets or Phones. I got a headache from just hitting the "Likes". :confused:
Welcome back wolf.

I worked for C-F,Smith's Transfer ,Associated Truck Lines,later A.T.L. then became A.N.R. Freight and finally ANR/Advance all on the road for a total of32 years.The oil company that bought A.T.L. ran several good companies in the ground including. Associated Truck,Garrett Freightlines,Graves Truck Lines,Centralia Cartage,Knox Motorfreight and Nuendorf who were all a part of A.N.R. Freight. A bit of trivia,Associated Truck Lines (Grand Rapids )and Gasrrett Freight Lines held the oldest ICC cretificates as they both started business in 1918.