XPO | Truckload

When I worked for truckload I always thought Con-way freight could have leveraged us in their business model much better. There were tons of opportunities in drop shipments and with Menlo that could have involved all 3 units of the business.
But that would usually require management doing their homework, putting in some extra effort, and communicating with one another. Unfortunately, most management people are only there to collect a paycheck. So good freight coordination isn't an option at most companies.

When I worked for truckload I always thought Con-way freight could have leveraged us in their business model much better. There were tons of opportunities in drop shipments and with Menlo that could have involved all 3 units of the business.

Why are you thinking you are a steering wheel holder only the ones with a extra four years of school are have that piece of paper on the wall are the only ones allowed to think.
And you don't see the big picture:438::lmao:

I never thought he would sell truckload. One thing about Jacobs is he seems to be out among the people all the time. Most CEO's seem to stay at the office away from the workers.

A good leader is always in the trenches with his men a bad ones in the rear drinking coffee

I started this thread because somewhere I read that XPO wants to change our operations and I thought truckload and LTL will probably work together more. It did say in the interview with Jacobs that it's going to take till 2017 when we see changes. He said its going to take that long because he wants to make sure it is done correctly
Correct

When I worked at conway and working the fac on a regular basis conway truckload would get loads and not have the hours to make it to terminals with next day freight. If they did have hours often they would show up hours after the conway freight driver back to their home barn. XMI to XSA finally had to use another carry to haul the van down because of so many failures because they'd show up 10 or 11 in the morning if not later. Probably part of the reason why the 3 don't do more business together.

Wow had enough where to u get all this inside info. Do u work directly with Jacobs seems like no body knows any of this but u, being as smart as u think u are surprised your not CEO of ups.
He works at something but It's under a desk . TROLL must be worried XPO is gonna put his company under

Well the last I know is the bids for truckload were unsolicited and if they were looking to sell TL then no one offered the magic number. If I bought this company, Con-way, for 3 billion and 4 month later someone offered me 5billion I would say SOLD. and no one here would say otherwise
Who do you think would buy it the #1 LTL Fedex ? The trade commision would never allow it there would be to big of a gap between 1 and 2 . Just like sysco tried for the last 2 years to buy U.S Foods and the trade commision said Nope. The other LTL companies didn't want it for 3.4 billion Jacobs bought it for so you think their gonna buy it for more money , I'm just glad the business geniuses on here aren't running the show or we'd really be screwed.

You guys act like it's the end of the world even if you did lose your job , start getting your finances together stop living like wanna be rock stars, sell your toys then if you do lose it pick up the phone, There's tons of truck seats with your name on them someplace else .

Last edited:
Who do you think would buy it the #1 LTL Fedex ? The trade commision would never allow it there would be to big of a gap between 1 and 2 . Just like sysco tried for the last 2 years to buy U.S Foods and the trade commision said Nope. The other LTL companies didn't want it for 3.4 billion Jacobs bought it for so you think their gonna buy it for more money , I'm just glad the business geniuses on here aren't running the show or we'd really be screwed.

You guys act like it's the end of the world even if you did lose your job , start getting your finances together stop living like wanna be rock stars, sell your toys then if you do lose it pick up the phone, There's tons of truck seats with your name on them someplace else .
Thats a wise man posting there. I am going to ride it out until the end. I am still hopeful for our future and I still trust our new leadership 1000% more than I did the old leadership.

Thats a wise man posting there. I am going to ride it out until the end. I am still hopeful for our future and I still trust our new leadership 1000% more than I did the old leadership.

Don't know about until the end. But I am still hopeful. We will see what we get.

I guess you really missed my point
And yes I'm not running scared and I keep my finances in order.

No, I did understand your point and and I agree I'd do the same. I was just explaining why I don't see it coming to fruition

YRC could buy us. They have a long history of stringing acquisitions into their failed business model. Ask a Roadway or Holland driver what they think about YRC. You'll get an education.

YRC could buy us. They have a long history of stringing acquisitions into their failed business model. Ask a Roadway or Holland driver what they think about YRC. You'll get an education.
I've heard the stories and those were smaller companies . I still don't see it happening . Regardless I'm sticking it out .

I've heard the stories and those were smaller companies . I still don't see it happening . Regardless I'm sticking it out .

What's your line ? What if he does to the health care what he did to the 401K ? What if he wants us working weekends ? Maybe bunk runs ? Sticking it out until when ?

What's your line ? What if he does to the health care what he did to the 401K ? What if he wants us working weekends ? Maybe bunk runs ? Sticking it out until when ?
I would not mind a Sunday thru Thursday schedule or a Tuesday thru Saturday. I would not want to do lay downs but lots of drivers would not mind if it meant they were running. Its only been 6 months since the buyout and not much has changed.