Yellow | Trying for my CDL's

Docksteward

Teamsters Local 71
Credits
I am currently studying for my CDL test. I have the NC CDL booklet from DMV. I also am taking practice tests online. Can you guys think of anything in particular I need to look for in the test. I have been told it's better to take the computer test VS the paper. Thanks in advance for the info. Maybe I could the TheBigR to stand in and take it for me..........:bgroovy: since he's got all of that "extra" time now!!:rolleyes: DS.

Docksteward said:
I am currently studying for my CDL test. I have the NC CDL booklet from DMV. I also am taking practice tests online. Can you guys think of anything in particular I need to look for in the test. I have been told it's better to take the computer test VS the paper. Thanks in advance for the info. Maybe I could the TheBigR to stand in and take it for me..........:bgroovy: since he's got all of that "extra" time now!!:rolleyes: DS.
I already forgot which one is the brake and which one is the clutch.......:Zzzz: :rofl2:

Read the book twice and you will probably come close to passing it.

I have been a cdl/ class a driver for almost 20 years and I just had to get my license renewed and it took me two times to pass it, but to be honest, I never looked at the book.

don't get discouraged if you fail it a few times, they have very specific questions like wanting to know exact feet and stuff so pay close attention to numbers in the book and remember them

Docksteward, I know that 120 we have copies of cdl test that the guys study off of. Check with your local they might have them.

Docksteward said:
When studying, if you read something , people are likely to remember what they read about 6 to 11 percent of the time ....but ,when they write the answers down on paper, they remember up to 60 percent of the time. Also in the cdl test ,it will be multiple choice answers, and if one of the answers has the words ,lawfully ,legally or safely .....it's the correct answer.

Hey DS, you planning to go on the road to make the big bucks? Take the computer test, in Pa you need 56 correct answerout of 70. You can skip the ones you don't know and go back later but if you get 56 correct you don't have to go back and answer them. The computer passes you and stops the test. Know the air brakes lots of stuff about them in there, how they work and what to do if they don't work. Good Luck

Thanks for the info and the links. I do think the computer test is the way to go. I may have to wait until the first week in July to take the test, if I can't get to it this week, busy, busy, busy. DS.

test is a joke. Layover.com is the best way to go. If you can pass it there, you can pass it anywhere. Hazmat is common sense, but study it anyway. I think tanker was so so, not sure why I even got it, but you never know.

Hey DS I got a idea! Brake your stinky finger and get 9 weeks off to study and get paid at the same time. Don't know why that came to me!

hillbilly frog said:
Hey DS I got a idea! Brake your stinky finger and get 9 weeks off to study and get paid at the same time. Don't know why that came to me!
Musta been a brain fart.........typical Teamster:rofl2: :rofl2: