Trying Petes Now

Discussion in 'Holland' started by troubleman84, May 7, 2016.

1. Stimpy

Stimpy Wingnut

Well.... I take care of the equipment that I use. .... drivers are possessive of their trucks. ... I understand that. ...but to get mad because someone else used it ..... it does say Holland on the door. ...

ABFer and troubleman84 like this.
  2. the5tolls

the5tolls I hope we make it to 19....got my NO ready

I have seen a bunch of 17 series at several of the barns in the last week or so. I am more than happy to keep my Volvo. Call me old fashion I like to decide when to down shift and when to put on the brakes.

3. wongway

wongway -15% Pay & Broke Pension Fund

To each there own choices in life ,but I have driven a Auto and liked it and the main reason is so they can hire oversea foreign driver's to drive them ,as that is the future truck drivers and to keep guys from over-reving the motor and shift points for fuel mpg !

Stimpy likes this.
  4. Stimpy

Stimpy Wingnut

Lol.... you sound like a good truck driver. ... that likes to drive.

troubleman84, yrc-atm and the5tolls like this.
  5. Stimpy

Stimpy Wingnut

Exactly. ... my boss buys them because the driver's he attracts can't handle a stick. ...let alone back up... heck we have some that can't even spin a truck around in the lot without bending the side sleeper extensions...meat in the seat.

6. the5tolls

I don't know if you have driven one with the adaptive cruise control that automatically brakes for you when it senses an object in your path or sometimes for no apparent reason? When you are driving down the road and for no apparent reason that truck throws on the brakes and the jake comes on and it damn near rips you out of the drivers seat and through the windshield, then tell me how great they are! If they were actually worried about fuel mileage they would experiment with giving the trucks more power so you were not working them so hard every single minute of every single night. And that is from a guy who runs mostly up north, I would have to think the guys who run in the hills down south every night could probably increase their fuel mileage even more if they could go into the hills a little stronger.

7. the5tolls

I don't know how many of you have driven a Pete, other than looking good when you are walking across the parking lot to get in them I was never that impressed. I don't know if the day cabs are as narrow as the ones with a sleeper but about the only good thing about them is being able to rollup the right window from the drivers seat if you have long arms. Anybody who is use to the room you have in a Volvo is going to be disappointed with the storage room for sure.

troubleman84 likes this.
  8. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

And where do those road units finish out their life........the city.

9. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

I didn't see too much of that animosity first hand, since most of us from both sides got along pretty good. But some of the stuff I read on here makes me think that it's gotten worse. Being frustrated and angry every day must bring that on........since there isn't a dog near them to kick across the room, they go after each other.
    :biglaugh:

the5tolls likes this.
  10. troubleman84

troubleman84 Well-Known Member

I agree I think i wanna hold onto my 42 for a while.

bfalls, the5tolls and freight jockey like this.
  11. bfalls

bfalls Active Member

EVERY FLIPPIN TIME!

12. bfalls

bfalls Active Member

OK STUPID, here's your lesson for TODAY. I've been in this business for 36 1/2 years, starting as an O/O, got hired by a company AFTER transporting a high $$$ load for them many years ago, WITHOUT EXCEPTIONS across a frozen ocean and ice roads. As it goes for driving, I have accumulated over 5 MILLION ACCIDENT FREE miles,(3 of those under the YRC Banner) without putting a scratch on ANY UNIT I've driven. My last stint before coming to Holland was with my own piece of equipment, under MY OWN Authority, which I still have, and I made money in a down market with just 1 piece of equipment. As it goes for the name on the registration and ownership, I still retain 2000 shares of YRC, so I AM THE GOD DAMNED owner! I do EVERYTHING a city dog does, including linehauling it from terminal to terminal. You city boys think you're the bomb, but truth be known, a good road man can do the same job BETTER and more efficiently! !:fingure:

13. bfalls

bfalls Active Member

Flash: NEVER kick the dog!! Take a city guy and a dog, lock them both in a trunk on a 100^ day and leave them in there for an hour. When you open the trunk, the dog will happy to see you, bite the crap out of the city guy, then lick his backside for another hour to get the foul taste of the city guy off his palate.:clapping:

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  14. 15%Forever

15%Forever Member

15. the5tolls

I get a few food wrappers and an occasional empty cigarette pack, but over all I don't think our city drivers are that bad. The yard men that leave their gloves on when hooking and fueling the tractors at night bother me much more. It sure seems like you get a lot of fifth wheels not hooked properly and glad hands put on half way more and more lately.

16. wongway

17. wongway

bfalls :crybaby:, please post the truck reg. slip with your name on it and also post the pic with your name on door and not Holland's !!

18. yrc-atm

yrc-atm commodities relocator

Did you have some of your ribs removed so you can suck your own c*#@, or are you just that flexible?

19. yrc-atm

yrc-atm commodities relocator

Wow it must be pretty marked up by now. You know what grinds my gears? When I get in my truck in the morning to go peddle freight and my truck smells like the ass of the slob who crapped himself all night while driving. When I have to put oil or DEF in because he was too lazy to do it himself. I have to scrub the bugs off the windshield because he was to fat to climb up and do it. I hate how they treat my truck at night.

Teamsters L200 and wongway like this.
  20. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Active Member

And still not buying Am/Fm I see. Lol