FedEx Freight | TSA/HazMat

I just passed and got my Hazmat and renewed CDL.
PA now let's the TSA and background check go 5 years. My 4 year Hazmat and CDL was close to expiring. But I could take the Hazmat test and renew CDL with all endorsements today with no TSA or background or fingerprint stuff. They extended that stuff for 5 years. So I have another year for the security stuff.
Let's hope I don't become a criminal before that. LOL.

Last edited:
They don't send letters anymore , I just got back from renewing mine today and that's what they told me. They said they send a email. Mine got approved within 2 days and I printed it off and took it with me but they told me once you got a email saying you were approved they had it in the system as well.

They don't send letters anymore , I just got back from renewing mine today and that's what they told me. They said they send a email. Mine got approved within 2 days and I printed it off and took it with me but they told me once you got a email saying you were approved they had it in the system as well.
you can check email, text or both -for clearance notices.

PA now let's the TSA and background check go 5 years. My 4 year Hazmat and CDL was close to expiring. But I could take the Hazmat test and renew CDL with all endorsements today with no TSA or background or fingerprint stuff. They extended that stuff for 5 years. So I have another year for the security stuff.
I did the same last week, but I still paid for and filled out the form for background check, and went and got fingerprinted. This was pa also. Did you do the same?

I did the same last week, but I still paid for and filled out the form for background check, and went and got fingerprinted. This was pa also. Did you do the same?
No. Because I didn't bring my birth certificate with.
I thought I was just gonna take the test. Then go out to the UPS store for the rest later.
I was mistaken. They need the birth certificate at Penndot.

How about your medical card?
They didn't ask for mine.

Hopefully that doesn't mess things up.
My physical is usually done after summer ends.

No. Because I didn't bring my birth certificate with.
I thought I was just gonna take the test. Then go out to the UPS store for the rest later.
I was mistaken. They need the birth certificate at Penndot.

How about your medical card?
They didn't ask for mine.

Hopefully that doesn't mess things up.
My physical is usually done after summer ends.
Yes, I brought my birth certificate, and they took my picture same day. They said I ll get it in the mail within 14 days. They didn’t ask to see my medical card, they can just look that up, I believe. But they did tell me to go get fingerprinted, which I did on the way home. It’s confusing, cause on their website, it still says you can’t renew until the background check is done. I have a feeling this is gonna turn in to a problem

You better be careful selling those catalytic converters, they will put you on the suspect list and post your picture in the post office.

Felony? Wasn't he the famous Italian filmmaker who directed "La Dolce Vita"?
Downfall of Europe from what I've read.
That movie.
And "The Pawnbroker". Here

Distracted by dumb stuff with the goal of enslavement and numbness.
Political control is what it does.

There's podcasts and YouTube interviews.

Last edited:
In the state I reside, I’m required to get a renewal of my CDL every 4 years, I’m not sure how any other state works. What I did find out was that the TSA background check is valid for 5 years. Now I know that the law is supposed to read every change in your license status. However, they actually let me go the full 5 years, after which I turned in the endorsement and kept all of the other endorsements already on my CDL. I didn’t want to pay for the background check was my reason. So, if it’s taking a while, you might still be in good shape for the 5 years. YMMV
Thanks for the tip- my state is also 4 years but went and renewed license last week without any problem. TSA email came through in the middle of the night last night and finally all good there too. 56 days so still within their “up to 60 days” quote. Seemed like forever compared to my first time I had the letter at my house in less than 2 weeks. Anyways, thanks for all the replies and tips on this matter

Here in MA, your license is valid for 5 years. I renewed mine last year, so it will expire in 2027. I just got the hazmat endorsement this month. So will my hazmat endorsement expire when my license expires in 2027, or is the hazmat endorsement valid for 5 years from when the endorsement was added? So will the endorsement be valid until 2028?

Last edited:
Here in MA, your license is valid for 5 years. I renewed mine last year, so it will expire in 2027. I just got the hazmat endorsement this month. So will my hazmat endorsement expire when my license expires in 2027, or is the hazmat endorsement valid for 5 years from when the endorsement was added? So will the endorsement be valid until 2028.
My state requires your hazmat be renewed before you renew your license. It's my understanding other states follow this as well.