R&L | Turning the trucks back up

leftlanecruiser

TB Lurker
Credits
I heard today that they are turning the trucks back up to 72 mph. The trucks in Savannah have already been turned back up. Hope they get to us soon,it will save some time.

What we need to do is slow down and not speed up the system ......why speed and rush the the freight to their final destination afther what they just did to us ......THINK ABOUT IT .....

No sick days no more

Ok we need and must slow down !!!!

turning up the trucks

They can turn them up all they want, i only do the posted speed limit. wheres the incentive to go the extra mile. 4 the past 12 yrs I've used my personal days at the end of the year 4 thanksgiving and christmas now what? GUYS BE SMART
:sombrero2:

they put new motor and all in mine will only run 66 been telling them that but they say it shows 68.so i guess mine will never run right lol
There are alot of trucks like that. It use to be you could get a handful of trucks that ran about the same, now since they turned them down who knows what ya get. :ranting2:

I pass allot of you guy's up here in the North East and speed does not seem to be the problem, pulling the hills, especially with pups your tractors die right out. Gear ratio maybe?

If my truck gets turned back up, I'll continue doing as I do now, run as fast as I can.
Maybe you guys wanna slow down and spend more time at work to make some kind of protest,
but I just want to get my run over with asap and go home.

I'll happily wave from my little 65mph truck as you pass by. All the while being thankful that I still have my personal days and vacation.

i dont know about these other guys on the board, but i've run my run both ways and for the little time i save when i haul *** well its just not worth it. no protesting here just doing my job, besides R&L gives me on paper 10 hrs to run my run and i do it in 9 1/2 doing 65mph i just find it to be safer.

If my truck gets turned back up, I'll continue doing as I do now, run as fast as I can.
Maybe you guys wanna slow down and spend more time at work to make some kind of protest,
but I just want to get my run over with asap and go home.
Never have ran wide open even during the time they cranked the trucks up to 76mph it's just not worth it. I want to get home also, but not in a pine box! If the trucks stay at 68mph its not going to break my heart.

No more sick days = no more breaking the law, Taking my time and being safe,no reason to go over speed limit,Line hauls being late just gets me an extra hour of sleep n fewer pick-ups I have to do, all the customers we are losing I wont have to do any pick-ups just deliveries. Sounds good to me,thanks Mr. Zimmerman!!!!

Well, ya got to realize also that I'm running West Texas, straight roads, catus and scrubrush.
Once I get outta town, I'm out in the wide open until I come back into town on the return leg. If we go back to 72mph, the boredom level will be just be a little less mind-numbing.

No more sick days = no more breaking the law, Taking my time and being safe,no reason to go over speed limit,Line hauls being late just gets me an extra hour of sleep n fewer pick-ups I have to do, all the customers we are losing I wont have to do any pick-ups just deliveries. Sounds good to me,thanks Mr. Zimmerman!!!!

very well said

:rockon:always ran pretty quick.what i am seeing is not the trucks we are driving speed, but all the other crap you have to deal with.too much happening at the same time,the faster you go the less time you have to react(could have been a factor in texas, but we'll dont kn ow)i find 65-67 works better for me as i have a little more time to process what i am seeing and react to it.construction,inattentive drivers, cell phones,texting ,speeders.slower traffic, ramps, dumb *** new drivers in trucks, dumb *** old drivers in trucks, etc.,etc;just too much for me to want to drive dead out. just my personal feelings, not judgung anyone else.

The first good paying job I ever had driving a truck the boss there always reminded us drivers that we were one accident from being unemployed. I think about that sometimes when I get in hurry, and usually be alot more careful.

Hate to delivery the bad news. The truck speeds are not being turning up. Please talk to your SCM or Shop Manager, they will let you know. "The company is not turning the speeds up". This is so funny, laughing at all these rumors that are made up.

Thank you drivers.