Two more accidents snarl traffic during I-75 commute

Silly Goose

TB Veteran
Credits
Monday, June 23, 2008

Traffic creeps through the intersection of Cincinnati-Dayton Road and the exit to Ohio 129 East around 8:30 a.m. Monday, June 23. Motorists were using this and other routes to avoid accident scenes on Interstate 75.Click to enlarge

Two accidents that occurred on southbound Interstate 75 between Tylersville and Cincinnati-Dayton Road just before 7 a.m. today, June 23, snarled traffic for miles along the construction-heavy roadway and crowded local roads for the second time in less than a week.

According to the Advanced Regional Traffic Interactive Management and Information System, a tractor trailer and a car involved in one crash blocked the left two lanes south of the Tylersville Road exit.

Lt. Wayne Price of the Ohio State Highway Patrol's Hamilton post said a three-car accident that occurred at 6:40 a.m. sent a 24-year-old woman to Mercy Hospital Fairfield via West Chester Twp. life squad.

Both accidents remain under investigation, Price said.

Although one lane remained open, the bottle-necked traffic quickly spawned miles of traffic headaches.

Motorists trying to avoid the accident-prone zone slowed down the morning commute on local roads, especially along Cincinnati-Dayton Road, which backed up beyond Ohio 63.

All three available lanes were opened to traffic shortly before 9 a.m.

A similar situation occurred Thursday, June 19, when a three-truck accident blocked all three lanes of southbound I-75 between Tylersville and Cin-Day and shut down the roadway for more than four hours.

pjw062308traffic.html%3fcxtype=rss%26cxsvc=7%26cxcat=16

Thank you for your contribution to this Accident Forum Silly Goose.

I either missed these reports.or they didn't have any photos of the crash scene,and I took a pass on them.
So thank for your post for anyone out your way that wated to know why the traffic was moving so slow.