TX: House rolling on highway kills man

Dockworker

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
A 71-year-old Beaumont man has died following an early morning accident..........The truck was transporting a house.

Yes the innocent driver of the car was decapitated.

Fatal Accident On Highway 124 Story and Pictures

Fatal Accident On Highway 124 Raw Video

Some Facts:
  • Trucking company moving an OLD house did NOT get permits.
  • Truck has invalid license plate numbers.
  • Truck driver has NO CDL and speaks NO English.
  • Truck driver was moving the house at 5:30 IN THE MORNING...in the dark!

I bet the poor guy coming the other direction while heading for work never saw what hit him. It took his head off. It happened so fast and in the dark that he probably never saw it coming.
As of 11 a.m. central, the highway is still shut down as the Health Dept. tries to figure out how to get the busted asbestos-containing shingles off the road safely.

Self-Explanatory...Head-off collision...literally
badasswreck011ca3.jpg

The Debris Field. (Asbestos laden street)
badasswreck016ou1.jpg

What's left of the trunk wrapped around a 2x4. Note the hat just beyond.
badasswreck017lv9.jpg

Where the house stopped~axles bent ~definitely not a mobile home anymore.
badasswreck021hu5.jpg

All i can say is wow and how the Hell did he even get that truck to drive it without no CDL?
What is wrong with these companies now days?

A tragedy

Hi my name is Marilyn and that was my ex husband Rooselvelt Richard that got killed on hwy 124 I had just talked to him Thursday evening and I was going to see him Friday I did not find out he was dead until 5:00 pm people start calling me and telling me to look at the news Im still hurt ,mad and sad I ask God for closure so you all paray for me and thanks.

Its a terrible thing to see the damage that havoc heavy equipment can wreak on the highway. Its even tougher to live with the consequences of an altercation with it.

May the Lord comfort you through your mourning.

I'm sorry for your loss,Marylyn.
There really isn't much I can offer to comfort you,except to pray that you can remember the good times both of you had together,and that you will find some peace after everything is setteled with this trucking company that is reported to be responsible,for this traggic crash,in Jesus name I pray,Amen.

Dockworker you really covered this crash with every detail.
I did a very extensive internet search,and could find anyother reports.

Thanks for your contribution to this forum,
Again I'm am very sorry for the loss of your loved one, Marylyn.