Yellow | Union Dues

I worked in a rtw state. I always paid dues. I figured if you didn't someone would find out and you know what that means. So it's really not a rtw place. Well. Ya have a right to work. But your car sits in the parking lot for your whole shift. And you'd pay dues through that if ya know what I mean? And you do.
I don't work now. So I don't pay dues. RTR. Right to retire. Lol.
If you can. More like ATR. Able to retire. No dues.
I hope they send me a ballot. I made a call and they still think I'm workin. Their problem. I'm still waiting in retirement forms from the hall I requested in December. (they said I'd have em within a week) I also requested and received forms from another source at the same time. Within a week. Still. I wait on the local. Should I call them and request them again?
:lmao::lmao::1036316054:
They are in the mail along with your check but they couldn't see your address cause the lighting in the hall was dim for some reason

Load of crap or not in a NON Right to work for less state that's the way it is, Now in the "Right to work for less states" correct you don't have to pay dues but the non paying member (freeloader) still get all the protection and bennies of being a dues paying member so I would say yeah the Freeloader would be allowed to vote

You're partly right, our non-members got a special type representation.
Always looked out for their needs.

I worked in a rtw state. I always paid dues. I figured if you didn't someone would find out and you know what that means. So it's really not a rtw place. Well. Ya have a right to work. But your car sits in the parking lot for your whole shift. And you'd pay dues through that if ya know what I mean? And you do.
I hope they send me a ballot. I made a call and they still think I'm workin. Their problem. I'm still waiting in retirement forms from the hall I requested in December. (they said I'd have em within a week) I also requested and received forms from another source at the same time. Within a week. Still. I wait on the local. Should I call them and request them again?
I see what your say'en , its cheaper to just pay the dues than have to buy a new set of tires once a week .

A real "lifer"...…… :emoticon digging:
Thing about all that grievance thing is we pay dues. Follow the rules.
If they don't. We file.
If you didn't file in 18 years. Well. I'm sure you had to see a super carry a box or move a deck bar. Ya know. Doing "our" job. So if you saw something and didn't file.
It goes from there. Maybe you never had any reason to file. But I find that hard to believe. I may be wrong. But I filed many times because a super was putting a deck bar on the rear of an outbound load before he shut the door. That's 4 hours pay for the top dock person. They never fought it. And he kept doing it and I kept filing. He is probably still doing it. Not my responsibility to keep them in check.
But that's all the system is for. To keep them in check. Keep us in checks the way they just don't get it. Keep doing it. Keep filing. Keep paying. It's a joke. I've even told the super I was filing. And that he just needed to ask the closest guy to deck it. Nope. Still kept doing it as he probably is now. It my problem.. Anymore.
:1036316054:I

Thing about all that grievance thing is we pay dues. Follow the rules.
If they don't. We file.
If you didn't file in 18 years. Well. I'm sure you had to see a super carry a box or move a deck bar. Ya know. Doing "our" job. So if you saw something and didn't file.
It goes from there. Maybe you never had any reason to file. But I find that hard to believe. I may be wrong. But I filed many times because a super was putting a deck bar on the rear of an outbound load before he shut the door. That's 4 hours pay for the top dock person. They never fought it. And he kept doing it and I kept filing. He is probably still doing it. Not my responsibility to keep them in check.
But that's all the system is for. To keep them in check. Keep us in checks the way they just don't get it. Keep doing it. Keep filing. Keep paying. It's a joke. I've even told the super I was filing. And that he just needed to ask the closest guy to deck it. Nope. Still kept doing it as he probably is now. It my problem.. Anymore.
:1036316054:I[/QUOTE
The supers did it all the time when I used to work outbound. I was new at this terminal and asked him one night why he was not asking a dockMan to secure the rear. He told me most of them were too lazy, or didn’t care if the freight fell down. Same with air bags.

Anyone employed at YRC Freight and either Roadway or Yellow for 18 years and never grieved is not interested in enforcing the contract. As a road driver I filed countless grievances, primarily run a rounds due to rail activity on my lane. Management had a much more "creative" interpretation of when they were allowed to utilize rail, instead of me. Needless to say I never lost a rail run a round. And very few ever went to the table, settled prior to being heard.

I resigned the middle of May, went to the hall signed my retirement paperwork and got my first check June 1st.

I can’t wrap my head around being employed by a union company and not wanting to pay dues.
It’s far from perfect but I wouldn’t want to be working in the trucking environment without one.
Seniority rights and job protection from butt hole supervisors and managers is worth more than money to me.
Going home with dignity every day is priceless.