Yellow | Union response

Who has the ear of someone at the international?
I think all YRCW members would like to see the unions response to Jamie Piersons comment
I myself would like to know.When did us members surrender the possibility of gaining back some or all of our pay concessions? I know Idid not read anything different in the recent MOUs.

Who has the ear of someone at the international?
I think all YRCW members would like to see the unions response to Jamie Piersons comment

Why does anybody give a rat's a** what Pierson says today? When the current agreement expires in 2019 we will negotiate from that point into the future just like we've done for decades when a contract expires. Over past years did it matter what anyone said in the middle of a contract period? Before the current agreement expires the IBT will evaluate the condition of the company and the economy and will decide then how hard to push for increases just like always. Some of you need a hobby to occupy your time.

Why does anybody give a rat's a** what Pierson says today? When the current agreement expires in 2019 we will negotiate from that point into the future just like we've done for decades when a contract expires. Over past years did it matter what anyone said in the middle of a contract period? Before the current agreement expires the IBT will evaluate the condition of the company and the economy and will decide then how hard to push for increases just like always. Some of you need a hobby to occupy your time.
It's called posturing, there's no reason the union should not let the company know that his comments are unacceptable and insulting. I believe that being a truck driver is still an admirable job. You know the company has a 5 yr plan and a 10 yr plan. Why should we wait until the last minute to let them know what we will be expecting 4 years from now

It's called posturing, there's no reason the union should not let the company know that his comments are unacceptable and insulting. I believe that being a truck driver is still an admirable job. You know the company has a 5 yr plan and a 10 yr plan. Why should we wait until the last minute to let them know what we will be expecting 4 years from now

Pretend Jamie is throwing a temper tantrum.
The better response is to ignore, let him wear himself out.
Eventually he will exhaust himself and fall asleep, waking up pleasant and responsive to input.

(BTW, do you play poker? If so, invite me over sometime. I could use the extra cash.)

What leads you to believe the senior management of YRCW cares what you, I or any Teamster thinks?

Spoken like a true Teamster! Not!!!

Posturing? Oh yea, let's do some posturing because they have no clue what we'll be looking for in 2019. Yea, that's the ticket! :duh:

Jamie Pierson can say whatever he wants. It's just his opinion. As I have stated before, you would think he would know better.
Yes, yes and most definitely. However, it does reveal their mindset (if it wasn't already known) and how they really feel. Oddly enough there seems to be a faction workers who think that the MOU's are going to expire and things will change. ABF's yes voters and our contract which is good 'til 2018 iced the cake that YRC baked. Best of luck to us all in the not too distant future.

Yes, yes and most definitely. However, it does reveal their mindset (if it wasn't already known) and how they really feel. Oddly enough there seems to be a faction workers who think that the MOU's are going to expire and things will change. ABF's yes voters and our contract which is good 'til 2018 iced the cake that YRC baked. Best of luck to us all in the not too distant future.

Anyone here who is shocked to learn that management (whether here or anywhere else) is reluctant to increase worker pay must have been born on March 2nd, 2015 (that's yesterday in case you don't have a calender). Get a grip already.

20, member: 164"]Why does anybody give a rat's a** what Pierson says today? When the current agreement expires in 2019 we will negotiate from that point into the future just like we've done for decades when a contract expires. Over past years did it matter what anyone said in the middle of a contract period? Before the current agreement expires the IBT will evaluate the condition of the company and the economy and will decide then how hard to push for increases just like always. Some of you need a hobby to occupy your time.[/QUOTE]
Like we were suppose to negotiate in 2015 before the MOU in 2014 that we voted on a till we voted the way we wanted. Negotiations are over. We take what they are willing to give, but keep up the ole battle cry "We'll show them next time"

Like we were suppose to negotiate in 2015 before the MOU in 2014 that we voted on a till we voted the way we wanted. Negotiations are over. We take what they are willing to give, but keep up the ole battle cry "We'll show them next time"

Guess what, sh*t happens. I was supposed to be a movie star living in a multi-million dollar mansion. Aw gee, it didn't happen like it was supposed to. People are supposed to stay married when they go through the ceremony. Guess what, many don't. The choice last year was to help keep the job alive or very likely risk a Ch 11 filing when they couldn't refinance the notes which were coming due. It was the lessor of two evils. Time to get over it already don't you think? You think holding on to all the animosity is helping your life expectancy?

What leads you to believe we will be negotiating in 2019? Might be MOU ing in 16,17, or 18 instead. Kinda matters what he says in the day and age of the MOU.

contract expires in 2019 ?? Whoa NO ,they will be back asking for more way before that , just like they did these last few times , you have just been retired to long , but still should know that !!!