SAIA | Union

I thought he saw red but just rolled thru it
A California stop. It was a stop sign that got 3 guys. I actually stopped but had to pull up because my view was obstructed by trees. It was that second stop that I rolled through and the stupid bastards knew it but still wrote me up.

Perhaps apples & oranges here. Local 406 for 20 years, beverage company as profitable as UPS. Company pension as is yours. Then frozen and 4% 401(k) match introduced. Given the situation of UPSF’s last contract negotiations, fair warning. Not trying to start :::shit:::, if there was better starting wage & no 10%’s, more would have interest; just sayin on the pension.
How did they freeze the pension did members vote for the change 4% match is nothing why did the Union allow this crap? I would opt out stop paying dues or go fair share unreal cut the pension while making big profits.

Last edited:
How did they freeze the pension did members vote for the change 4% match is nothing why did the Union allow this crap? I would opt out stop paying dues or go fair share unreal cut the pension while making big profits.
The usual cram down our throats. It was “non negotiable”. But lot of folks wanted 401(k) that for years would’ve been traded for 24/7 flex scheduling. So, to many, it was a win. This was a group that would trade 25 or 50 cents/hour/year and screw the commission guys. Hats off to the company & their strategists, I guess. Have I mentioned my dissatisfaction with the IBT (Meesters)?