Pitt-Ohio | Unionization of Pitt

You must deal with facts.
The fact is that no teamster LTL carriers survive. We had more than 500 teamster LTL carriers fail. The business modes never succeeds.
Being a teamster company in a service business never works.
From more than 500 teamster LTL carriers we have two remaining and their future is not sealed yet.
Bringing in a union would be equal to signing your own career death sentence.
History proves that!
Estes done showed they close the terminal down and fire everybody. Re opened a year later. Dont even speak union around any management if you like to continue working.

Estes done showed they close the terminal down and fire everybody. Re opened a year later. Dont even speak union around any management if you like to continue working.
Maybe they would like to stay in business unlike the union LTL carriers??
Seems like being a teamster LTL company is a death sentence now days....
The teamster president shut down Yellow.....

You must deal with facts.
The fact is that no teamster LTL carriers survive. We had more than 500 teamster LTL carriers fail. The business modes never succeeds.
Being a teamster company in a service business never works.
From more than 500 teamster LTL carriers we have two remaining and their future is not sealed yet.
Bringing in a union would be equal to signing your own career death sentence.
History proves that!
I can assume UPS is not a service business.

If you worked more than 8 hours today congrats the company won. You made $262 on straight time at 8 hours. On overtime after 8 you wouldve made $360.26 at 10 hours. Over the course of the week thats an additional $491.30 the company didn't pay you nor did they provide any retirement or health benefits other than that :shit:ty health insurance they like to throw in your face. We have no dental its a discount program, we have no vision thats another discount program. Seems to me that the extra $98 a day is worth fighting for. Payday only comes once a week.

If you worked more than 8 hours today congrats the company won. You made $262 on straight time at 8 hours. On overtime after 8 you wouldve made $360.26 at 10 hours. Over the course of the week thats an additional $491.30 the company didn't pay you nor did they provide any retirement or health benefits other than that :::shit:::ty health insurance they like to throw in your face. We have no dental its a discount program, we have no vision thats another discount program. Seems to me that the extra $98 a day is worth fighting for. Payday only comes once a week.
Do you even work for Pitt Ohio? You certainly don’t have a clue about their benefits. The dental plan is typical of many employers: free cleanings twice a year along with some other common procedures with the major stuff at 50%, there is no discount program. You also like to say there is no retirement, which is also false. True, they call it profit sharing but it is a set amount like any other contribution, and it goes into all employees 401k’s, regardless off how much they contribute themselves or if they contribute at all. Last year and for several years prior the company contributed 6% of the employee’s gross pay which for me was over $6000 on my “crappy” $111,xxx salary last year. Is there room for improvement? absolutely, but if you’re going to debate a topic it helps to include complete and factual information.

Do you even work for Pitt Ohio? You certainly don’t have a clue about their benefits. The dental plan is typical of many employers: free cleanings twice a year along with some other common procedures with the major stuff at 50%, there is no discount program. You also like to say there is no retirement, which is also false. True, they call it profit sharing but it is a set amount like any other contribution, and it goes into all employees 401k’s, regardless off how much they contribute themselves or if they contribute at all. Last year and for several years prior the company contributed 6% of the employee’s gross pay which for me was over $6000 on my “crappy” $111,xxx salary last year. Is there room for improvement? absolutely, but if you’re going to debate a topic it helps to include complete and factual information.
So they put in 6% into your 401k and you think they are doing something for you? My company put in $23,587.20 into my retirement, plus $2,434.33 profit sharing paid in a check to me. As far as the dental. Two free cleans a year for the whole family and just had a $1,200.00 crown, fully paid for by insurance. On top of $141,xxx Salary based on 50 hours aweek. So give Chuck H. A applause for making you think he is helping you guy out.

So they put in 6% into your 401k and you think they are doing something for you? My company put in $23,587.20 into my retirement, plus $2,434.33 profit sharing paid in a check to me. As far as the dental. Two free cleans a year for the whole family and just had a $1,200.00 crown, fully paid for by insurance. On top of $141,xxx Salary based on 50 hours aweek. So give Chuck H. A applause for making you think he is helping you guy out.
Truly happy that some still have those benefits. As I've stated in other threads across multiple forums those legacy benefits are few and far between these days. Their mostly gone here in NY and we're not a RTW state. Some benefits can always be better but people coming here saying what we got is ::shit:: are delusional. No UAW member in the big 3 hired after 2007 have a pension anymore. A 401k with an employer match. Sysco Syracuse in their 2012 contract ended their company pension for new hires with the teamsters blessing for a 401k. It's great a few employers still have traditional pensions but trashing something that teamster companies have largely embraced just shows ignorance and certain people are living in bubbles if they think pensions are going to make a huge return anytime soon.

Good for you, but you completely missed my point of correcting his comment about Pitt contributing “nothing” to a retirement plan. I never said it was adequate or inadequate and you can call it what you want, but it’s far from nothing. The dental plan can most certainly be improved, but it is by no means a simple “discount” as he claimed. These discussions are worthless when pertinent facts are ignored or excluded.

Truly happy that some still have those benefits. As I've stated in other threads across multiple forums those legacy benefits are few and far between these days. Their mostly gone here in NY and we're not a RTW state. Some benefits can always be better but people coming here saying what we got is ::::shit:::: are delusional. No UAW member in the big 3 hired after 2007 have a pension anymore. A 401k with an employer match. Sysco Syracuse in their 2012 contract ended their company pension for new hires with the teamsters blessing for a 401k. It's great a few employers still have traditional pensions but trashing something that teamster companies have largely embraced just shows ignorance and certain people are living in bubbles if they think pensions are going to make a huge return anytime soon.
All multiemployer pension plans are doomed to failure eventually.

All multiemployer pension plans are doomed to failure eventually.
I truly hope not. I have a family member with an autistic adult child who's a widow. Her husband had 28 years in a multiemployer pension plan. As of now she can't get his pension. Hopefully with the bailout that fund recently received it will be restored but there's been no clarification on that yet. Either way traditional pensions aren't making a big return anytime soon.

Good for you, but you completely missed my point of correcting his comment about Pitt contributing “nothing” to a retirement plan. I never said it was adequate or inadequate and you can call it what you want, but it’s far from nothing. The dental plan can most certainly be improved, but it is by no means a simple “discount” as he claimed. These discussions are worthless when pertinent facts are ignored or excluded.
Here is some hope to all you guys.https://www.freightwaves.com/news/nlrb-joint-employer-rule-triggers-fears-of-higher-trucking-costs

I drove for Ames dept stores many years ago. What the big boss in charge of transportation liked to say about going union. Bringing one in, negotiations start at dollar zero. No guarantees of a better package than the current one