R&L | Up to $19.34

LehighValley

TB Lurker
Credits
CDL Class A w/ H/T endorsement, good MVR, 1 yr experience. Up to $19.34/hr depending upon verifiable experience. Home daily. Combo drivers will load/unload trailers.

How many years of experience must you have to get this rate?

This is the ad currently running the jobs at the Hatfield, PA terminal. I've noticed this ad has been running almost weekly for months now. What's the top rate there and how long does it take to achieve it? How many hours a week are drivers getting at this facility?

If you work linehaul do you have a set run each night and does the starting time vary or is that set also? Does it pay more running linehaul than doing p&d? I always figure out the average linehaul run and hours vs the hours you get on p&d.

Is there that much turnover at this new facility and if so why do you think it's so high?

I've been told R&L doesn't pay OT and linehaul is based a flat fee and you must be a pallet jack(that's not so bad because at least you know it will work).

How much does the benefits cost for a family plan and who's it managed by? Is the plan decent? What's the vacation and personal days policy(if there is one)?

combo drivers unload the daily P&D trailers and then do short line haul runs,usually less then 250 miles round trip. That will be the only line haul run you get. 19.34 is the rate you will get if you pass probation for P&D only. You will start @ 16.20 for first 60 or 120 days.. I don't think turnover rate is high,it is just the starting rate that turns people off. If you are a combo driver I think the rate of pay you get on the dock for unloading trailers is around 15 something an hour and then the line haul is a pre-set pay.

im turning 5 years with the company next month and my hourly rate still $19.75 in the southeast,im a linehauler though but I thought we were supposted to reach top pay at 5 years,I dont see that happening within the next 3 weeks

I'm turning 5 years with the company next month and my hourly rate still $19.75 in the southeast,I'm a line hauler though but I thought we were supposed to reach top pay at 5 years,I don't see that happening within the next 3 weeks

Whats the top rate where you are?I know I talked to a Georgia driver once and I believe the top rate at the time was about 19 and change.But that was several yrs ago.As far as top rate,yes its after 5 yrs.

Whats the top rate where you are?I know I talked to a Georgia driver once and I believe the top rate at the time was about 19 and change.But that was several yrs ago.As far as top rate,yes its after 5 yrs.

top pay is around $21.75, oh is after the 5 yrs?
so you mean right after the anniversary my hourly paying rate should or will bump two extra bucks an hour?

top pay is around $21.75, oh is after the 5 yrs?
so you mean right after the anniversary my hourly paying rate should or will bump two extra bucks an hour?

It sure could.I was at 23.07 just before my 5 yr anniversary.Top rate here is 24.70 an hr so thats a difference of 1.63 so its possible.

That may explain why the rate differs, my hourly rate is $22.23 when I work P&D, but only 19 and some change when I run L/H.
But, the only time hourly comes into play on L/H is for breakdown or stops. I think stops pay 1 hour at the lower hourly rate.

That may explain why the rate differs, my hourly rate is $22.23 when I work P&D, but only 19 and some change when I run L/H.
But, the only time hourly comes into play on L/H is for breakdown or stops. I think stops pay 1 hour at the lower hourly rate.

that is your L/H hourly rate, we have 3 different pays rates, our line pay, our line hourly pay (for break downs, stops and other stuff) and then our hourly pay which is at the top of your check every week which is for p&d or dock which you have to be clocked in to get. there is no difference between line and P&D, the only difference is maybe your region. i have done both line and p&d so that is how i know. your hourly rate is what is on the top of your check, top out in my area is 24.70. but they break the scale down by regions