Yellow | Update on F2 tornado that hit Local #391 hall.

rdwy nc

TB Lurker
Credits
On Thursday, May, 8th, 2008, at 11:30 P.M. E.S.T., a F-2 tornado ripped through the North Carolina Triad area.
The F-2 tornado packed winds of one- hundred- thirty- three miles per hour.
Teamsters local #391's hall, Greensboro, N.C., was hit hard by the tornados fury.
The damage to the #391 hall was numerous broken windows, east wall of bldg. missing, roof blown off, offices damaged by water,air conditioning system destroyed,numerous old trees uprooted, & power lines down on the property.
I talked to a teamster official from local #391, and he stated that the hall will be uninhabitable for the next six months.
The teamster #391 officials are seeking temporary headquarters this Monday morning.
Sincerely, Rdwy nc

Update on F2 tornado that hit Local #691 hall.

well hopefully nobody was hurt. the building can always be rebuilt.

10-4. In 1985 an F5 hit Wheatland Pa. I now work here and there is still a clear path where the twister came through. The destruction was so great, most of the property is still vacant to this day. I think 85 people in Pa lost their lives that day due to the outbreak. That day is one of the first memories I had as a kid that I can clearly remember. I was visiting grandparents in Meadville, Pa that day and I remember the sky, and the ride back to NYC. There was 2 or 3 places twisters had crossed I79 and I80 and I'll never forget it as long as I live. I hope nobody was injured or killed in the Nc twisters. My prayers go out to all involved.:1036316054:

i remember that. we went up to cross forks not long after that hit. i remember it looking like a line cut thru the woods only thing was it was a very wide line. that was total devastation. keep us updated on 391s situation.

Here's a video about the cleanup and a interview with President Jack Cipriani. The local is now in the process of moving to temporary office space. DS.

Sidebar Video