TForce | UPS and hopefully not another YRC statistic!

I used to care about how our tractors, trailers and facilities looked but I no longer care.
In my area we try to maintain what we have. We are slowly getting new equipment and I am noticing more and more UPS Freight branded trailers.
I don't waste my time and energy complaining over these things I can't control.
UPS knows we are mismatched and that some of our facilities are not the prettiest, they pulled the rebranding campaign for a reason.
To me, it is what it is right now. One day we will match.

Many other companies are mismatched. (Con-way, YRCW and a few others)
I'm still proud to work for a well managed company who has the foresight to look into the future, seize opportunities and continues to streamline the way we do business.
What matters to me now is the huge portfolio of services we offer to the customer, surviving through this weakened economy and getting our laid off brothers back.

As far as having our equipment washed. It has to do with the EPA and waste water runoff into non approved drains. I know there are huge fines.
We have one approved drain inside our shop. It's always conveniently blocked by equipment. I move it and wash my duct tape mobile once in a while.

I would guess that with the failing economy UPS did not want to spend the money on the thousands and thousands of trucks and trailers that needed to be re branded as they have probably noticed that it was not cost effective with most of the equipment being old and in poor shape. More cost effective to just slowly replace old equipment with new UPSF equipment.

I would guess that with the failing economy UPS did not want to spend the money on the thousands and thousands of trucks and trailers that needed to be re branded as they have probably noticed that it was not cost effective with most of the equipment being old and in poor shape. More cost effective to just slowly replace old equipment with new UPSF equipment.

That's what I heard from our TM.
Squeeze all the life out of the rust buckets and just replace.

thanks webidiot/rugrunner/steward2008...its all what i had to say.but ibamars ibamars ibamars-the teamsters have had people die for were we are today.the only reason any of these other non union freight companies are making 20 hr is because they fear the teamsters. bless your lucky stars that enough people thought pro union to be with the teamsters now.by the way the small package guys have been union since they invented the truck and make alots more money than us!

This company has come light years in service standards since the buyout. More freight gets deliverd on-time than ever before. Granted we still have damages, but they are also down. There are many issues across the board with what needs to be addressed, but for Petes sake, take into concideration that there are now well over 200 terminals and growing, and we are a little over a year as a Union with management that still thinks its "O". My customers dont care if the truck and trailer were pink, green and silver with red dots all over the rust and patches, they want on-time, damage free service.....all the time!!! And for this I'm recieving more and more freight. Having worked at Brown I can tell you this, be careful what you ask for. Because we will be more like big brother than I care to be. Over time all this talk will be a memory.