Yellow | UPS bought Roadway

you are right Redskin...

If Roadway wasn't making yellow look good,they would sink.Roadway has always said they would never buy a company in trouble.So that is why Yellow bought Roadway.Also Yellow didn't have the money to buy Roadway,they went out and borrowed it.Roadway had the money to purchase Yellow and decided better of that.Consider this, Roadway is still making money.Can we say that for the Yellow side?The way I see it Yellow can't wait to join the teams,so they can see how we do it......JUMBO:funky:

If Roadway wasn't making yellow look good,they would sink.Roadway has always said they would never buy a company in trouble.So that is why Yellow bought Roadway.Also Yellow didn't have the money to buy Roadway,they went out and borrowed it.Roadway had the money to purchase Yellow and decided better of that.Consider this, Roadway is still making money.Can we say that for the Yellow side?The way I see it Yellow can't wait to join the teams,so they can see how we do it......JUMBO:funky:

OK I have listened to all of the comments about Roadway keeping Yellow floating and how Yellow was losing money so they bought them. Now lets get a few thigns straight ...if you go to the YRC worldwide and look under the archives you will see that Yellow was and has been making money....check it out for yourself
National Transportation Services

Yellow Freight System, the company's largest subsidiary, reported third quarter operating income of $39.5 million, up 48.4 percent from $26.6 million in the 1999 third quarter. Revenue for the third quarter was $715 million, up 7.6 percent on a per day basis when compared with the prior year's quarter. Revenue for the 1999 third quarter was $675 million. The 2000 third quarter operating ratio was 94.5, compared with 96.1 a year earlier.

...yellow bought you guys in july 9th 2003..........get your facts straight before spouting off.I could have done it closer to this year but wanted to go back a few to show you guys .....If you knew your history and know anything about the history of yellow they tried to get into the next day...saia...jevic ...but under the contract which teamsters enforced(saia) they had to break them off as a seperate company....thus yellow corporation was born.....They tried again with preston but between old equipment and bad freight they could not make money because yellow refused to give that much discount so they lost the customers...can't haul for free right?Yellow has and continues to make a profit up until the last quarter. which in the light of all the changes is normal if you look at the overall pic.....Remember this my teamster brothers in this day and age if you sit still you get run over..... Yellow to change with the times so they we all have a job to go to in a few yrs. Neither Roadway or Yellow are the cheapest...so what do we have to offer the customer....same as the non union service, which being paid what we make we have to do it better faster and when they want it not when we want to delvier the freight....I am a loyal teamster and have been for a while but you have to follow what the customer demands. :cuss:I do apologize if I got on the soapbox for a bit but I try to deal with facts not the craphouse rumors and the nah sayers.....If I get bumped down in my terminal ...then so be it will not be the end of the world just might bet crappy shifts again or bumpng around from dock to the city...but that is seniority:Bondage:
Fraternally...mustangfan

Dont forget Holland is still making them money also!

Dont forget Holland is still making them money also!

Except that Holland will/has been loaded up with all of Yellow's debt to buy them and Roadway; which from my Preston experience is what Yellow does. Buy a company with leveraged credit; mortgage everything back onto that company and write it off many many times on taxes-- then after keeping the valuable parts, cut the mortgaged, full of debt bought company loose to drown on its debt. Then talk about how they couldn't make it, since they brought all this along with them.

I've seen it before; I'll see it again. Sorry.

Yellow isn't in the freight hauling business.It's in the buying profitable freight companies leaching onto them and then sucking all the life out of them.That's how they make their money.And if you think that's bull ::shit:: just look back in time and you'll see what i mean.ENOUGH SAID!

OK I have listened to all of the comments about Roadway keeping Yellow floating and how Yellow was losing money so they bought them. Now lets get a few thigns straight ...if you go to the YRC worldwide and look under the archives you will see that Yellow was and has been making money....check it out for yourself
National Transportation Services

Yellow Freight System, the company's largest subsidiary, reported third quarter operating income of $39.5 million, up 48.4 percent from $26.6 million in the 1999 third quarter. Revenue for the third quarter was $715 million, up 7.6 percent on a per day basis when compared with the prior year's quarter. Revenue for the 1999 third quarter was $675 million. The 2000 third quarter operating ratio was 94.5, compared with 96.1 a year earlier.

...yellow bought you guys in july 9th 2003..........get your facts straight before spouting off.I could have done it closer to this year but wanted to go back a few to show you guys .....If you knew your history and know anything about the history of yellow they tried to get into the next day...saia...jevic ...but under the contract which teamsters enforced(saia) they had to break them off as a seperate company....thus yellow corporation was born.....They tried again with preston but between old equipment and bad freight they could not make money because yellow refused to give that much discount so they lost the customers...can't haul for free right?Yellow has and continues to make a profit up until the last quarter. which in the light of all the changes is normal if you look at the overall pic.....Remember this my teamster brothers in this day and age if you sit still you get run over..... Yellow to change with the times so they we all have a job to go to in a few yrs. Neither Roadway or Yellow are the cheapest...so what do we have to offer the customer....same as the non union service, which being paid what we make we have to do it better faster and when they want it not when we want to delvier the freight....I am a loyal teamster and have been for a while but you have to follow what the customer demands. :cuss:I do apologize if I got on the soapbox for a bit but I try to deal with facts not the craphouse rumors and the nah sayers.....If I get bumped down in my terminal ...then so be it will not be the end of the world just might bet crappy shifts again or bumpng around from dock to the city...but that is seniority:Bondage:
Fraternally...mustangfan

Finally a man with some fortitude and common since!
Very well put mustangfan! :smilie_132:

just think when they cobine the colors
yellow+brown=bad looking poop

color "dovetail" combination
lets see here.......
ups is brown like the s--- chunks
holland will play the p*** role
oh roadway will be the corn particles
new penn the meat chunks
it will probably be the diahrea kind due to corporate always doing things half ***
and oh yes, i almost forgot
yrc logistics the slime necc to keep everything loosey - goosey
put it all together and you got a s----y mess
:hysterical::hysterical::biglaugh::holysheep:

oh i almost forgot yellow
they are the blood in the stool as this mess will certainly be a bloody diahrea mess
too graphic for you?
maybe i should have preceeded the first post with a "warning"

If you really wanna see what you'd look like in brown, I'd trade my uniform for a decent Roadway Volvo any day! Beats the million mile Volvo I drive now with peeling blue/grey paint, torn air fairings, broken gauges, etc...That would really throw the rumors around, me delivering freight in a Roadway truck w/ UPS Freight trailer! And you could wear my dirty, smelly uniform!

This rumor is new to me about UPS buying Roadway...on the UPS Freight thread their was talk about UPS buying Midwest Motor Freight, as we don't directly serve North, South Dakotas and Montana...who knows though

Except that Holland will/has been loaded up with all of Yellow's debt to buy them and Roadway; which from my Preston experience is what Yellow does. Buy a company with leveraged credit; mortgage everything back onto that company and write it off many many times on taxes-- then after keeping the valuable parts, cut the mortgaged, full of debt bought company loose to drown on its debt. Then talk about how they couldn't make it, since they brought all this along with them.

I've seen it before; I'll see it again. Sorry.

Somehow, I remember being on that ride also.
Just like you said Jimmy, they take on more debt to buy a debt free company.

Dumbass

Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb!!!! You are so dumb to say trash like this. Get a life. I command you! :nutkick: