TForce | UPS Employees Say They Were Forced to Lobby Against FedEx

We are on the UPGF page here .
I can only tell you what I hear on the freight side.
On the Freight side No one I know was told they had to write the letters.
What happens at parcels is what it is.
Management and the Teamsters asked us to write the letters and yes while we were discussing or writing we were on the clock.
But that is how it is suppose to be. This was a company request so they must pay for our time. I wonder if that is how it is at FedEX.. It Could be one day.
Write the letters!!!!!!!!!!!!

If UPS and Fed Ex are at war why do we have a UPS & Fed Ex package drop off? Both adds on the same sign and in the same building.

If UPS and Fed Ex are at war why do we have a UPS & Fed Ex package drop off? Both adds on the same sign and in the same building.

??????????????
If FedEx and UPS are at War ??
FEDEX and UPS are The Big Dogs in this business. DHL Is Gone , Postal Service , say no more! UPS Will put their signs everywhere FedEX Signs are . Its compitition.
They are in the same building because they want the same customers..
Hope I answered your question.

Ship UPS!!!

??????????????
If FedEx and UPS are at War ??
FEDEX and UPS are The Big Dogs in this business. DHL Is Gone , Postal Service , say no more! UPS Will put their signs everywhere FedEX Signs are . Its compitition.
They are in the same building because they want the same customers..
Hope I answered your question.

Ship UPS!!!
My personal preference is "anything but UPS".

I use FedEx and the Postal Service as priority.

I have a note on my door that says "please place deliveries in the bin to the left of the door"

My FedEx drivers comply.
My UPS drivers put it wherever they want. I have come home to many wet packages.

I am to the point where, when ordering something...I ask if they ship FedEx...If they only ship UPS I don't order.

The postal service is just fine as well.
I have never had issue with USPS.

Not according to this article that says UPS workers claim THEY were forced to write letters
UPS Employees Say They Were Forced to Lobby Against FedEx - washingtonpost.com

I was told I could just sign the letter they had written for me. I told them no, If I write a letter I write my own letter and I don't take money for it.

I brought this up in other threads, if we take money to lobby for UPS on this issue, what else will they want us to lobby for?

Once I told them no, that was the end of the discussion. Most of our road drivers refused to join this signing for dollars program.

I wrote one in my own words. Not because I was forced. Not because they paid me. I wrote one because Fedex gets an unfair advantage that noone else gets and it was time they worked the same fields everyone else is forced to. Plus, I just don't like Fedex. Maybe it's their uniforms? Dunno.

Really .. FEDX enjoys the luxury of not having a government watch-dog from the Justice Department monitoring their union activities.

FEDX, has been the darling of Congress for years and it would be more likley that the Union Members should get involved in a letter writing campaign to their Congressmen and women suggesting a level playing field and perhaps do a corruption investigation on how they became "the" package carrier for government.

We use to have a driver at FXF that quit and went back to Overnite a few yrs back, and he is close friends with one of our drivers and he told him they were asking if they could take like a dollar from his check per week or something like that to finance a fight against FEDEX.... This is just a story I heard and it may or may not be true, thats why I am asking you guys.
UPS can finance there own fight .You have got to be KIDDING.:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

My personal preference is "anything but UPS".

I use FedEx and the Postal Service as priority.

I have a note on my door that says "please place deliveries in the bin to the left of the door"

My FedEx drivers comply.
My UPS drivers put it wherever they want. I have come home to many wet packages.

I am to the point where, when ordering something...I ask if they ship FedEx...If they only ship UPS I don't order.

The postal service is just fine as well.
I have never had issue with USPS.

But boy does that paycheck cash!!!!!!!!! You still here??? whats the deal job market slow?

Deny.
No donations were ever asked for.
That never happened and the letter writing campain was completely volantary.
At my SC they explained the Bill in front of The House right now. And ASKED us to write the letters.
I myself did.
If others did not want to no more pressure. Unlike the United Way Campain.
But that another topic.
I cant speak for other SC but here there was no pressure.
To think that asking the UPGF employees to write this to make FedEX work under the same rules as UPS. What an evil company!!
I guess that it is ok for FedEx to haul freight for nothing to put YRC out of Business.
**** FedEX
I do relize that all companies are going after YRC but FedEX can eat me.
Everyone with UPGF in my opinion should have written the letters.
Sorry about the rant. Again the answer is No, UPGF never asked for money.
Though I would donate..

You have a point .This is a great Idea . I would donate .And I continue to write letters to this day.

I heard a rumor that UPS asked if they could take a dollar or some amount of money from your check a week to fight Fedex or something similar....

Can anyone confirm or deny?

The one dollar amount donation per week (minimum) asked by management was for the United Way. UPS is one of United Way's largest supporters for charity. This was also voluntary.

Thats what I was thinking, I bet this guy got the United way thing mixed up with this......

There is no doubt that he was confused. I did take advantage of the automatic weekly deduction from my pay check to the United Way Fund which is tax deductible.

I never asked if it was voluntary myself I don't think anyone @ our terminal refused to write the letter why should fedex get a advantage over us we are ups. And if ups is making money keeping a even ballfield we will all prosper

i can see where they are coming from

we werent forced, of course they cant say "you have to write this letter"

but we were extremely pressured and the 1 guy i know that refused to do it had to have a sit down talk with the terminal and assistant terminal manager

Why should FEDEX get the regulatory advantage over us and every other freight company??? True,the company supplied the letterhead and envelopes,but I felt in no way was I forced to write a letter. I felt like I was given a chance to directly address our lawmakers on this issue of unfair business climate. No problems with this to me.

Why should FEDEX get the regulatory advantage over us and every other freight company??? True,the company supplied the letterhead and envelopes,but I felt in no way was I forced to write a letter. I felt like I was given a chance to directly address our lawmakers on this issue of unfair business climate. No problems with this to me.

When they called this unfair, did they mention that Fed Ex Freight is the same as UPS Freight, both under the NLRA? There is no advantage on Freight, only package.

The teamsters asked us to write, and made a good argument for writing. But they didn't offer to pay us to write the letter. They asked us to write of our own free will.

The company had supervisors sit down with each employee. They said go on the clock and sign here. That to me spoiled the letters because now everyone says we only wrote because we were paid or because the company forced us. It takes away from the message of the letters.

you are missing the point, nobody at FEDEX said you did... this information is by your own employees in the news story...
UPS Employees Say They Were Forced to Lobby Against FedEx - washingtonpost.com

News article was most likely paid for by Fedex. You cannot believe anything you read in a news paper! Articles are writen to sell papers. For every article in one paper you can find the opposite in another. Its just my take on News Papers.
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: