TForce | ups freight o/o

I would highly doubt it. It is a rare case if you find a group of 0/0s unionized. Years ago, when the major union LTL carriers had what they called "special commodity" division where 0/0s made up this division, these 0/0s were union. I was leased to a major union LTL carrier years ago and a member of the Teamsters. But today, I am sure that this type of situation does not exist.

I would highly doubt it. It is a rare case if you find a group of 0/0s unionized. Years ago, when the major union LTL carriers had what they called "special commodity" division where 0/0s made up this division, these 0/0s were union. I was leased to a major union LTL carrier years ago and a member of the Teamsters. But today, I am sure that this type of situation does not exist.
Ups freight is gonna fold before Yrc the way organization is ran

Yes , got paid with 2 checks, 1 for the driver and 1 for the truck

Owner/operators are generally not unionized because organizing them is a nightmare. It often becomes a contracted lease agreement where you lease your tractor to the carrier and sign on as a driver. Unfortunately, this means you may not drive your own truck, as the carrier assigns drivers as they see fit.

My experience is that, generally speaking, an owner/operator prefers to control who drives their truck. So it's a big disincentive to organize.

Owner/operators are generally not unionized because organizing them is a nightmare. It often becomes a contracted lease agreement where you lease your tractor to the carrier and sign on as a driver. Unfortunately, this means you may not drive your own truck, as the carrier assigns drivers as they see fit.

My experience is that, generally speaking, an owner/operator prefers to control who drives their truck. So it's a big disincentive to organize.

I respectfully disagree with your statement about "you may not drive your own truck", you do drive your own truck unless you hire a driver yourself and then the company has to approve the person that you are hiring. You pay the driver because you own the truck, but otherwise you will be the driver. The truck stills belongs to you, the company is not going to put someone else in your truck.

I respectfully disagree with your statement about "you may not drive your own truck", you do drive your own truck unless you hire a driver yourself and then the company has to approve the person that you are hiring. You pay the driver because you own the truck, but otherwise you will be the driver. The truck stills belongs to you, the company is not going to put someone else in your truck.
I said "in my experience" because that's how it went at the only such carriers in my area.

New one on me and I have been in the business for over 52 years. But I am still learning.
I can't really explain it. I just remember watching it from the sidelines, and after all that fighting to get the union in, a bunch of guys quit because they were given someone else's rig to drive. I won't deny that it was, in all likelihood, a deliberate act on part of the carrier, but it still happened.

And the other case, Reimer Express Lines, is owned by YRC and acts as their Canadian agent. YRC hires drivers to drive leased-on contractor equipment. The drivers never deal with the owner of the truck, and trying to lease on with them resulted in a lot of unanswered emails and phone calls.

I can only speak from my own experience, as I said. I have no doubt that you are correct in your own experience, but there aren't many unionized owner/operator outfits out there to begin with and the only consistent thing I've heard is that it's never the same twice.