TForce | UPSF or FedEx Freight, which to choose.........

I hear ya. Although reading in both the UPSF and FXF forums here, it seems like nobody that works at either place is real happy.........

Work is what you make out of it.. If you are always worried what the OTHER person is doing. Those people don't ever seem to be happy. If you come in do YOUR job in a timely and efficient manner , and not worry about the other guy. Those people seem to be happy. Perhaps because they done care about what the other is doing.
I'm fairly happy, come in do my job and go home. If I wanted drama I would have gone into show business.

Hey Elwndil ,I previously worked for Fedex Express as a CTV (commercial transport driver) driver for almost 10 years and presently work for UPS-CSI for 4 years. There are some things that I know about both companies. The benefits from UPS are an upgrade over Fedex .I continue to communicate with my former co-workers and they continue to share how the benefits are detiorating as well as fedex freight benefits.The health-care monthly cost to the employees @ UPS are nothing but find out when does it kick-in. Contact your local union hall and inquire as to when the medical,vision,dental kick in..The last time I searched contractually, it stated somewhere around 12 months after you been with the company..Well wishes

Elendil: ups freight also offers health insurance at no cost to you and its not bad insurance at all

There is no 401k match

Starting pay is $15.05 driving $14.63 for dock.

In 3 years when you hit top pay it will be higher than $24.82. Should be around $27-$28/hr.

Work is very incosistent but from what i hear the chicago area stays busy

Higher start pay at FedEx, but you'll work your ass off. Unless you don't mind. Some days, no work, sit at home. UPS Freight under negotiations, if it does not go well... STRIKE!!!!! You choose.

Strike seems to strike fear in some people. Just remember one thing. It's the one word that strikes the most fear in companies. Also why you are making as much as you are now. I won't mind a few weeks on a picket line for years of better wages and benefits. There is a price to pay for everything in life. And there are always people willing to pay the price.

And then there are people willing to not pay Union dues and mooch off what is given to them without contributing. Makes me sick, and those guys are the ones who ***** the most.