US Foods Buffalo NY?

IDK Bill but over all US Foodservice is a good company, if I ever lost my job at Sysco, that would be the first door I knocked on!

they look good, they are teamsters up here, i guess they get paid by the hour, and work a 4 day 10 hour shift, with ot after 10. i know their hourly rate, but i keep trying to find out about their retirement, no one can tell me what it is.

yeah, thats good! sysco up here in ny is union too, i don't know but i think they might pay into the ny state teamsters pension fund. i know us foods bought out of it a few years ago, but they have a 401 and i am trying to find out details on it. i think they might put into it automatically by the hour, like how a pension is set up, only into a private 401. I could always hope, right?

yeah, thats good! sysco up here in ny is union too, i don't know but i think they might pay into the ny state teamsters pension fund. i know us foods bought out of it a few years ago, but they have a 401 and i am trying to find out details on it. i think they might put into it automatically by the hour, like how a pension is set up, only into a private 401. I could always hope, right?
Bill, IDK what the fund is like up there, central states is bad off I think, I really don't care, I'm 44, I won't make it to retirement here anyhow, unless I go shuttle and I don't know if I wanna work nights for the rest of my career.

GT your seeing the light. I dont want to work nights forever either. What would you do? Linehaul is nights to. I would love to get into something that has always interested me. Heavy hauling. I would like to haul heavy equipment. Also i wouldnt mind pulling a tanker.

US foods here in MN is a good company. There teamsters to. I cant imagine delivering food in the northeast. Good luck

lol, what is so wrong with the northeast? btw, got a copy of the contract, real nice 401k, they dump money into it every hour you work automatically, just like a pension. can't beat that!

I worked at a smaller foodservice company that started all of their runs in the early morning hours (2-6am), but all we did was c stores. is US foods different, since they handle restaurants and things like that? is there night work?

Depends Bill, when I hired with Sysco I started on key drop, started at midnight every night, some of the other key drop guys start at 2300, thats the earliest for us though, IDK what accounts US has up there.

Hours are the same Bill 0200-0500 starts, its the same across the board at all foodservice companies

Last edited by a moderator: