Yellow | Use your safety points

stroud120

COME GET SOME
Credits
As of October 1, the gift cards will be no longer. They are doing away with all gift cards. So if you have any points use them before OCT 1.:tongue0002::eck15::puke:

even if yrc stops giving the points im pretty sure you will still be able to cash them in when you want, i will call and make sure and keep you posted on that

As of October 1, the gift cards will be no longer. They are doing away with all gift cards. So if you have any points use them before OCT 1.:tongue0002::eck15::puke:

Whats the deal with safety points? I have a few(36 to be exact), but new points don't seem to be coming anymore?

The notice I read was posted in our garage, they will be stoping all gift cards as of OCT 1. I will see if I can get a copy.

The notice I read was posted in our garage, they will be stoping all gift cards as of OCT 1. I will see if I can get a copy.

I think the original idea was that every point would equal the value of one dollar. However, the value of the items they offered (The Robbins Co., I think) always seemed to be "inflated". That's why, to me, the gift cards always seemed to be a better value. Plus we had a better selection of things to buy with our gift cards. By eliminating the gift cards, we are forced to use our safety points (spend our reward money) with them. So for all the guys that enjoyed getting their hunting and fishing toys from Cabella's, or your home improvement goodies from Home Depot, you just got screwed.

ok i just got off the phone with robbins and its a done deal as of oct 1 the gift cards are no more . you will still be able to use points for other thing all cards a finished as of that date.they said they will be adding other gift in replacement of those cards

you just got screwed. really?

So for all the guys that enjoyed getting their hunting and fishing toys from Cabella's, or your home improvement goodies from Home Depot, you just got screwed.[/QUOTE]

The safety point program is something I'm still surprised we even have it today in this economy.
So do away with the cards if it cost to much. SO WHAT.
I just dont get when people think they are entitled to more then what the contract says. :soapbox: "got screwed" really!?!?

ok i just got off the phone with robbins and its a done deal as of oct 1 the gift cards are no more . you will still be able to use points for other thing all cards a finished as of that date.they said they will be adding other gift in replacement of those cards

Now for the second question, is YRC going to be issuing any more points. Enquiring minds want to the know....the rest of the story!:biglaugh:

So for all the guys that enjoyed getting their hunting and fishing toys from Cabella's, or your home improvement goodies from Home Depot, you just got screwed.

The safety point program is something I'm still surprised we even have it today in this economy.
So do away with the cards if it cost to much. SO WHAT.
I just dont get when people think they are entitled to more then what the contract says. :soapbox: "got screwed" really!?!?[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with what you're saying. However, I either wasn't clear or you have miss understood what I was trying to say. Robbins has done away with the gift cards, it seems, because the cost of the cards was probably close to their face value (not much profit in that for Robbins). They want to offer the reward choices that provide them the most profit. Also, all Roadway employees participate in the rewards program (Labor & Management). It's a Roadway safety program and has nothing to do with our contract. The safety incentive program has been around for a long time. I have 20 years and can't remember not having it. And as for the guys I suggested, "got screwed," you're right; they're not. Now they can spend their safety points on cheesy jewelry, Roadway emblem clothing, over priced electronics, and vacation get aways. Boy Howdy!

i have never use points for anything but the get away vacations ,its great for the nice long weekends with the wife, always had great stays and nice hotels or resorts to stay in.
great for exploring, been up and down the east coast and plan on taking another 1 soon .
stayed from vermont to key west

False........safty points through Robbins will be good FOREVER, you just won't accumulate any more.:chairshot:

they will stop having the home depot, or dinner cards as of oct 1 everything else stays the same.

Just wondering

What are these points and how do I find out if I have any? When I am in Winston, I see where they give away different thing for safety periods. Is that just for their terminal or is it company wide?

all roadway should be recieving these points ,you get points by the 1/4 year if you are not hurt on the job, bonus if your terminal stays under it set # of injuries..
not sure if this will be deleted but any1 can call a toll free # and ask they will require your name and last 4 numbers of your social i will pm you the #

False........safty points through Robbins will be good FOREVER, you just won't accumulate any more.:chairshot:

I posted bad info, sorry. The saftey points are no longer bein awarded. If you have saftey points you have until Oct. 1st to "buy" gift cards. At that time your only option will be whatever Robbins offers. The points are good as long as Robbins is in business. Again sorry for the misinformation.

robbins website?

can somebody give me the website for cashing in the safety points? i can't seem to remember what it was....thanks, the g-man:red_bandana:

Called Robbins. Still don't know for sure if the points are over. I was told we will be receiving more points next week but the gift cards end September 30th not October. go to hXXp://roadway.com/prevention/rewards login is first name.last name@roadway and password is last 4 of your social