Yellow | Utility Bid Back Rights

bubbadog121

TB Veteran
Credits
Does anyone know what is meant by no Bid Back Rights on the Utility driver position?

I have heard different understandings from not gaining back your seniority if you try to go back to the road after being on the utility list.to only loosing your seniority for a year and a day?

Does anyone know what is meant by no Bid Back Rights on the Utility driver position?

I have heard different understandings from not gaining back your seniority if you try to go back to the road after being on the utility list.to only loosing your seniority for a year and a day?

My understanding is; Once "A road driver" becomes a UE, he then becomes part of the local cartage & cannot go back to the road board with seniority unless a COO is submitted that allows the road driver to do so. This may be different in some locals where there is 1 board, check with your local & see what your situation would be.

I believe it depends on your local supplement/work rules. For instance if you work in CVE,COL,CNC it should be a year and a day.I work in IND it would be only with a C.O.O.