Yellow | V.P. Sypek coming to 671

BTW,
Please don't reply with the shallow...
"Well I voted Yes and I'd do it again because the company was in trouble and would have gone out of business garbage", or the "I voted Yes but it wasn't because I was afraid" mess. I have to curb my tongue when I here that crap. I'm a nice person and telling people the truth about those answers and ideologies simply flames and they just don't have the capacity to understand what you tell them. Maybe they'll get a bit of a clue when 2nd quarter profits are paid out. Please don't come back with the crap about "Just go get another job". You know as well as I do, in this economy, it isn't gonna happen unless you're very lucky and don't care if you never see your family.

As I've said before, I've lost hundreds of thousands of dollars, because of other people making poor choices. Losing this job simply adds to the number. I guess my morning Rant is over. I guess you can all tell, the stress is really starting to affect my wife and thus me.

More will be feeling your pain after Sybek visits your terminal. Same play book as 120, he will say everything is great and two or three weeks from then it will get rammed up your terminals /// so far. I am sorry to say this is what happened to us. Lies all Lies, if he say things are going great and no more changes to come and we like the way things are now, behind over because here comes the big rib breaker, if you know what I mean.

Why else would he waste his time coming to your terminal. Why would he waste his time? He will walk down your dock with your TM amd Atm shaking hands and listening to your concerns,looking in trailers like he really cares , saying hello to everyone, have a ra ra meeting with the day shift, no the guys on nights that his next cut will affect.Remember what we say at 120 it is all bad all the time. No matter what this guy says or your terminal says after he leaves, it is all lies,lies,lies.

You will see the real reason for his little visit, a couple a weeks down the road when, they start to run freight around you, and tell you about the economy, and how no one is shipping anything, then hit you with the real reason he was there. Remember if there mouths are moving they are lying. I hope I am wrong, but this is how it all started with 120. We never thought it would happen but it did we were once the 2nd or third largest break bulk,always produced, safety numbers,etc, it all means nothing.

Now we are nothing but a shell of a terminal 18 yrs will buy you a spot on the callboard.

He was here here in chicago about 4 weeks ago looking over our empty(inbound) dock and making great comments about our operation seems to be genuine.... But after reading all these comments i have no ideal how to judge our visit nothings realy changed freight has dipped this last week but i figure that is our country's
current condition...

Like I said before Chicago Roadway, ever since their visit it is all bad all the time. Anything that has to do with 120 since they came here has been all bad. Take a look at the COO Stroudsburg is not even metioned in the change except for loosing more people. Look at the maps, we do not even exist on them, everyone rounds around us, it is like we do not even exist. Makes you want to go to work everyday that you have left and give 100%. NOT! Everyone here has lost hope, and it is very depressing, no one cares about how things are done or how good of a job you do it just does not matter.

Case in point, Buffalo, everyone that runs up there or to the northeast where we use to go says that they have not got the job done. We use to do New England like clock work, everyone wants us to get New England back, but the powers that be still run it this way. It just goes to show no matter what you do NUMBERS,SAFETY,DAMAGES,ON TIME FREIGHT, nothing matters. We are going to be a black terminal, a just in case until they get the kinks worked out of Newburgh. I hope they Choke on it.

It just goes to show no matter what you do NUMBERS,SAFETY,DAMAGES,ON TIME FREIGHT, nothing matters. We are going to be a black terminal, a just in case until they get the kinks worked out of Newburgh. I hope they Choke on it.
Stroud, Carlisle, etc. demise has nothing to do with numbers, safety, etc.
These BBs were nothing more than excessive expenses. They brought in very little income in the grand scheme of things. And the costs were outrageous.
How many 25, 30 year men does/did these BBs have? Sitting on 5,6 weeks vacation, personals, sicks? Old enough to retire, yet refusing to do so for various reasons?
This is NOT a critical post. I personally dont care if someone works til their death, literally.
I'm just telling why the powers to be eliminated these BBs. It's all about the bottom line. Like it or not.:nutkick:

BTW,
Please don't reply with the shallow...
"Well I voted Yes and I'd do it again because the company was in trouble and would have gone out of business garbage", or the "I voted Yes but it wasn't because I was afraid" mess. I have to curb my tongue when I here that crap. I'm a nice person and telling people the truth about those answers and ideologies simply flames and they just don't have the capacity to understand what you tell them. Maybe they'll get a bit of a clue when 2nd quarter profits are paid out. Please don't come back with the crap about "Just go get another job". You know as well as I do, in this economy, it isn't gonna happen unless you're very lucky and don't care if you never see your family.

As I've said before, I've lost hundreds of thousands of dollars, because of other people making poor choices. Losing this job simply adds to the number. I guess my morning Rant is over. I guess you can all tell, the stress is really starting to affect my wife and thus me.
Hey vwaggs,
It's the same thing I keep posting over and over. If YRCW and what's left of the unionized ltl truck lines are to survive in todays non-union enviroment, then the Teamsters Union had to allow the flexibility for this to happen. I think that's what has happen with our new contract.

Hey vwaggs,
It's the same thing I keep posting over and over. If YRCW and what's left of the unionized ltl truck lines are to survive in todays non-union enviroment, then the Teamsters Union had to allow the flexibility for this to happen. I think that's what has happen with our new contract.

I keep responding....

The contract, the way it went down was great for the company and great for the union. It should have been great for the Brothers also. It could have been structured very similar to the way it is now and not screwed many of us Brothers. All we had to do was not accept it until they tweaked it so WE WEREN'T DISENFRANCHISED.

I keep responding....

The contract, the way it went down was great for the company and great for the union. It should have been great for the Brothers also. It could have been structured very similar to the way it is now and not screwed many of us Brothers. All we had to do was not accept it until they tweaked it so WE WEREN'T DISENFRANCHISED.

vwaggs, did you get the impression, as I did, that this contract was a done deal long before we even voted on it?

vwaggs, did you get the impression, as I did, that this contract was a done deal long before we even voted on it?

I definitely did, in the sense that the IBT and YRC colluded on the language, scope, direction and limitations. That is why during vote time, I said it looked like 25 YRC lawyers sat down w/3 IBT guys that lost on "Are you smarter than a fifth grader". It's also why I kept trying to lobby everyone to ignore what the union was telling them and not to believe what they thought the handouts we were receiving said.

The company payoffs are obvious, you have to look deeper for the union payoffs. The company "Accidently" overpaid the union pension benefits of around 45 million prior to the contract renewal. This would have resulted in about a 3 to 4 million interest surplus. Enough of an funding incentive for the union to launch a letter campaign to members. The union benefits several ways. As the Funds' results wain, management expenses will soon start coming under scrutiny. By eliminating many "Bottom Feeders", that have contributed for many years but aren't vested, the fund can reduce its projected/actual future payouts even though they received a significant portion of monies for these pensions. By receiving kicks for all Other Carrier loads and initiation/dues from casuals, they again reap monies they won't be paying benefits on. YRC hiring laid off Yellow and Roadway drivers for GM, reinforces this IMO.

Why would they hire people they know will speed up the unionization process there???
The answer lies beneath. Just like the other "bill of goods" we were sold, the new catch phrase I'm hearing is "Good, now we can unionize them!!! If you look in your plan material, a permanent loss for break in service occurs at the point you're break has carried on for the amount of time you have accrued. If they allow GM to start the organizing process gradually and drag it out over five or six years, everyone moving over will have lost their semi vested status and start from scratch. This IMO was plan A that passed. Plan B, had we held them up with a NO vote was to modify in a similar manner, however we could have kept to our respective companies and kept our pensions. For Utility, Plan A passed. Plan B, had we not ratified, would have been a more reconciliatory alignment, drawing from yard and dock only for the positions.

I don't have all the answers. far from it. I do however, think I have "THE BIG PICTURE".

Mud,
Personally though, my thanks to you and a few others for cutting me some slack on my rant the other day. As I'm sure some know, even though I'm just another cog in the wheel, I try to stay connected with whats going on. Since I'm not a union YES MAN, the info I glean about whats going on and give to my wife, causes her lots of stress in addition to the heat you, I and many of us here are feeling.

Why would they hire people they know will speed up the unionization process there???
The answer lies beneath. Just like the other "bill of goods" we were sold, the new catch phrase I'm hearing is "Good, now we can unionize them!!! If you look in your plan material, a permanent loss for break in service occurs at the point you're break has carried on for the amount of time you have accrued. If they allow GM to start the organizing process gradually and drag it out over five or six years, everyone moving over will have lost their semi vested status and start from scratch. This IMO was plan A that passed. Plan B, had we held them up with a NO vote was to modify in a similar manner, however we could have kept to our respective companies and kept our pensions. For Utility, Plan A passed. Plan B, had we not ratified, would have been a more reconciliatory alignment, drawing from yard and dock only for the positions.

If you are already vested, wouldn't taking a withdrawal card and freezing your book protect what you already have? After all, vested is vested, isn't it?

If you are already vested, wouldn't taking a withdrawal card and freezing your book protect what you already have? After all, vested is vested, isn't it?

IF your already vested. My understanding is if you have less than 5 years in Central States, you aren't vested. Say you have 2.5 years credited toward service and take withdrawl card. An absence of 1 year triggers the countdown event. As I understand it, you have 2.5 years, before you've lost you're credited service. 2.8, would give you 2.8 to lose it. LCP is in a different area, I don't know how theirs would work.

He was here here in chicago about 4 weeks ago looking over our empty(inbound) dock and making great comments about our operation seems to be genuine.... But after reading all these comments i have no ideal how to judge our visit nothings realy changed freight has dipped this last week but i figure that is our country's
current condition...

freight will continue to dip til 710 signs just another freight game