Estes | Vacations

cindig

TB Lurker
Credits
How are vacations handled at your terminal. Are single days approved after the first of the year to where a driver can take off one day a week and another driver can't bump him to take a full week. Just wondering because we have a newer terminal manager and the procedures are being interpreted different than how the old TM read the hand book.

How are vacations handled at your terminal. Are single days approved after the first of the year to where a driver can take off one day a week and another driver can't bump him to take a full week. Just wondering because we have a newer terminal manager and the procedures are being interpreted different than how the old TM read the hand book.
1st of the year is irrelevant , vacations are earned from employment anniversary dates, you can take a single day , hand book is a suggestion

The way it’s supposed to go: you bid on vacations for the next year in full weeks at the end of the year. If you want individual days off, those are handled after the vacation bids. Nobody can bump you off after you’ve been approved for either.

The only time seniority matters is in the vacation bid, after that it’s first come first served.

I’ve heard that vacation requests after the big annual bid aren’t handled until a week or 2 before the requested dates but I don’t know if that’s my terminal or a company thing.