Yellow | Verizonwireless disount

pj2004 said:
If anyone needs the address to sign up for your discount for verizonwireless here it is:

http://business.verizonwireless.com/b2b/yellowtech/yellow:yellowtech

Also have discount addresses for Sprint and Nextel. If anyone is interested.

Welcome to the boards pj2004 and thanks for the info.

Anyone isterested in getting the discount has to tell Verizon that it's Yellow Technologies that has the discount with them. Not Yellow corp.

The discount just went up to 19% off your monthly bill for the main number on the account

Sprint and Nextel link is as follows:

yellow.callsprint.com

All of these discounts are for new and current customers.

yo.....

sometime in the next month or so verizon is erecting a tower in springville about 5 miles from my tennessee home and i'll be signing up for a phone and a data card......

only going to cost me about 30 bucks more a month for bellsouth wired service and i get 450 minutes of daytime long distance and unlimited data including high speed data in every possible city i layover in (no more hassling with motel internet crapola)......

mikeeeeeeeeee

Has any one tried to discontinue service with Verizon after having the Yellow discount?? I remember when signing rhe contract it stated you will pay $175 to terminate service. The way I read it sounded like that was the charge even if your plan had expired, but you were still recieving the Yellow discount.

Don't know about Verizon but I do know a couple guys that have Sprint and their coverage sux.

T-mobile also stinks as far as coverage, I have cingular now and they are much better even in he boonies.

FM

Welcome to the boards pj2004 and thanks for the info.

Anyone isterested in getting the discount has to tell Verizon that it's Yellow Technologies that has the discount with them. Not Yellow corp.

The discount just went up to 19% off your monthly bill for the main number on the account

Sprint is offering a 23 percent discount for YRC employees, and the data plan is 15 bucks a month, not 30 or 40 bucks per Verizon's data plan.

Yippee!!!

Don't know about Verizon but I do know a couple guys that have Sprint and their coverage sux.

T-mobile also stinks as far as coverage, I have cingular now and they are much better even in he boonies.

FM

Sprint shares roaming agreements with Verizon and they are much better now in coverage.

T-mobile is only good near the highways and in towns, but not much else most places.

Cingular is a good deal if you like to talk on the phone only, with the rollover minutes
but thier data plans are expensive and very slow, compared to Sprint or even Verizon.

BTW Cingular does offer a 5 percent discount for all Union company employees

Sprint shares roaming agreements with Verizon and they are much better now in coverage.

T-mobile is only good near the highways and in towns, but not much else most places.

Cingular is a good deal if you like to talk on the phone only, with the rollover minutes
but thier data plans are expensive and very slow, compared to Sprint or even Verizon.

BTW Cingular does offer a 5 percent discount for all Union company employees

Cingular sucks! At times, I won't get a voicemail or alert that I missed a call until a day later. Why? I don't know, because I've never driven outside of their coverage area. I see their really generous with a whopping 5% off! I can't wait until my contract is up with them.

Ranger, I assume that the data plan that you mention is for broadband access???? If it is, then Cingular must really be slow, because they haven't made any kind of rebuttal to the Sprint commercial comparing their download speeds.

I had Verizon for 6 or 8 years and after loosing a tower nine times one night I switched to T-mobile. They don't offer a Yellow discount but, they don't own any towers either. I haven't lost a signal in the five months I've had it except out in the boonies on US 30 between VanWert, Oh and almost to Ft. Wayne.

Just in case some of you arent making it outDell has a deal with discounts on new computers.for the times when you are sitting at home and want a new puter to view the truckingboards...lol...for yellow employees

Cingular sucks! At times, I won't get a voicemail or alert that I missed a call until a day later. Why? I don't know, because I've never driven outside of their coverage area. I see their really generous with a whopping 5% off! I can't wait until my contract is up with them.

Ranger, I assume that the data plan that you mention is for broadband access???? If it is, then Cingular must really be slow, because they haven't made any kind of rebuttal to the Sprint commercial comparing their download speeds.
I've had cingular for over a yr now after switching from t-mobile, always have a signal most anywhere I go, even in the boonies, not like t-mobile that lost signal 10 miles from Indy. Don't use them for data so can't say how that is.

We get a 20% discount from cingular at FXF, as we do with most carriers, sprint, verizon even t-mobile.

FM

I've had cingular for over a yr now after switching from t-mobile, always have a signal most anywhere I go, even in the boonies, not like t-mobile that lost signal 10 miles from Indy. Don't use them for data so can't say how that is.

We get a 20% discount from cingular at FXF, as we do with most carriers, sprint, verizon even t-mobile.

FM

Fam Man, I can't believe you kept loosing your signal with T- Mobile between Indy and St louis. I have had T-mobile for 3 + years now, And can in all honesty say that I have not lost a signal more than 10 times in the 3 + years that I have been running from Springfield to Indy.
I did try Sprint, for a week a couple of years ago whem my contract was up wit T-M, that lasted only a few days, they were terrible, even running through st louis on I 44 I wouldn't get call's, Wife would call at these times and it went straight to voice mail, never did ring.
I for one am one happy T-Mobile customer.:smilie_132:
Cheers... The Scotsman

PS. I heard you talking on CB a few weeks ago, tried shouting at you, but you were to far away, by the time I got a chance to shout.