Yellow | Verizonwireless disount

Cellphone technologies

Cingular sucks! At times, I won't get a voicemail or alert that I missed a call until a day later. Why? I don't know, because I've never driven outside of their coverage area. I see their really generous with a whopping 5% off! I can't wait until my contract is up with them.

Ranger, I assume that the data plan that you mention is for broadband access???? If it is, then Cingular must really be slow, because they haven't made any kind of rebuttal to the Sprint commercial comparing their download speeds.

Yes, the broadband access on Sprint and Verizon are both faster then all the rest of the cellular companies because they use the much faster CDMA/ ED-VO technology in thier phones and cell systems.

Cingular/AT&T and T-Mobile use the GSM/GPRS standard of cellular technology that is used in most of Europe also and is much slower in transfering data, at this point in time.

Right now, Sprint has the best plan for data at 15 dollars per month, per phone that you can use anytime of the day or night without using up your voice plan minutes.

Verizon charges over double that amount for the same data speeds.

Sprint also has new standard 7 PM start "anytime" voice plan and Verizon does not, starting at 9 PM.

BTW, I had the same thing happen with "delayed voicemail" on my old Cingular plan which I have not had on Sprint so far. :1036316054:

Fam Man, I can't believe you kept loosing your signal with T- Mobile between Indy and St louis. I have had T-mobile for 3 + years now, And can in all honesty say that I have not lost a signal more than 10 times in the 3 + years that I have been running from Springfield to Indy.
I did try Sprint, for a week a couple of years ago whem my contract was up wit T-M, that lasted only a few days, they were terrible, even running through st louis on I 44 I wouldn't get call's, Wife would call at these times and it went straight to voice mail, never did ring.
I for one am one happy T-Mobile customer.:smilie_132:
Cheers... The Scotsman

PS. I heard you talking on CB a few weeks ago, tried shouting at you, but you were to far away, by the time I got a chance to shout.
Really, maybe it was the phone? Who knows, I did tell them about it and they offered no remedy.

I liked the fact they only required a 1 yr contract and they worked well for the family as they stay around the city but I found lots of places with no signal, one was at the MO- AR line on 67, we do a meet there and I would use the meet drivers phone to call central cause mine wouldn't work. He had Cingular.

I'm usually on 19 unless I'm running with another co driver, we just did a bump bid so I leave St Charles between 1900-1930, was running with a few OD drivers for awhile but now I leave to early for them.

Catch ya out there sometime. :smilie_132:

FM

Really, maybe it was the phone? Who knows, I did tell them about it and they offered no remedy.

I liked the fact they only required a 1 yr contract and they worked well for the family as they stay around the city but I found lots of places with no signal, one was at the MO- AR line on 67, we do a meet there and I would use the meet drivers phone to call central cause mine wouldn't work. He had Cingular.

I'm usually on 19 unless I'm running with another co driver, we just did a bump bid so I leave St Charles between 1900-1930, was running with a few OD drivers for awhile but now I leave to early for them.

Catch ya out there sometime. :smilie_132:

FM

Your leaving St Charles close to the time I leave Indy on, Monday, Wednesday and Fridays , heading home to beautiful sunny :hysterical: Springfield MO
cheers...:beerchug: the Scotsman
PS. I run 19 if on my own, 33 while with other company drivers. Scotsman is my handle. i'll keep my ears open.

what is the discount on dell and how can I get the info? Thanks

Dell uses prison convict labor, with many of the convicts in prison on minor dope smoking posession crimes.

No way am I going to buy from Dell no matter what the discount is.

Besides, their PC's suck.