Central Transport | Vitran Canada - Transforce

Maybe Central Transport will buy Vitran. That way all the broke @#%ks that moved over there in mass exodus will all be one big happy family again.

Wow Central Transport, and I though we had a bunch of junk equipment.
Unfortunately if there is a sale I believe it would be an "assets only". This company has no value other than equipment and real-estate. How much would you pay for a company that has cheap freight, bad equipment and can't turn a profit?.......Rick Gaetz your not allowed to answer. LMAO

How much would you pay for a company that has cheap freight, bad equipment and can't turn a profit?

You mean Lumber Liquidators and LKQ have worthless freight? I'm shocked! Shocked I say again!

Question too My usa truckers, we always talk about YRC yellow in our sales meetings, how have they still managed to weather the storms>? I heard they are still bleeding money pretty bad. How Big is Vitran in the USA? Is there canada operation
like a fly fly? never really hear you guys speak about them and their canada operations, Is Vitran head office in USA? To be honest we compete with them in canada, and their cwt rates are dirt cheap, still, and nobody can touch them... People say canada operation is doing well.. would love to know how they calculate their yield. - Question for runaway train, how long have you been at vitran, see you post all the time...

Are you guys upset at the way the company has been going? If yrc can manage to stay in business, and cook the books, I assume vitran will be ok?

Also with truckers starting to retire, what well the next generation be like? or will they go to owner operator> -

Cheers,

Vitran is currently ranked 40th among US carriers. Its a mid sized ltl company. Ummmm...No we are not happy about how things have been going. Comparing Vitran to YRC is like apples to oranges. Your going to get alot of opinions about YRC if you want to open that can of worms. I dont know about YRC " cooking the books" its been very public where they stand and their debt load. The banks didnt have much choice but to refinance or risk closure, at which point they would be lucky to get 10 cents on the dollar. Vitran corporate HQ is in Canada, US ltl operation HQ is in PA

In my opinion the next generation of trucks will be more interested in truck as a way to make a living and not a reason to swear a big belt buckle and cowboy boots.

The next gen will understand the importance of "safety" not for the sake of safety, but a way to keep csa score clean and stay employable.

I think there will be folks with an academic two or four year degree who start driving because there will be too many undergrad degrees out there.

My personal opinion based on what I see other drivers do on a daily basis is that to get a CDL one should have to at least get an associates degree if not a bachelor's degree. It would produce much better drivers and raise wages.

The changing of generations will happen quickly. I know of a v terminal with almost 40 drivers. Over half will retire in ten years.

Nice idea Luci, but to bad the industry will not stand for that. In my area i cannot believe that one driving school has only automated 10 speed manuals, these people they are graduating cannot even shift a real truck.25 years ago my neighbor turned me lose with his large car in a grassy field, he explained that when i could shift without grinding we would talk about actually learning to drive out on the road