Central Transport | Vitran Express in Portland, OR.?

Scoe

TB Lurker
Credits
Anybody now anything about Vitran in Portland, OR. They have an ad in the newspaper and I don't know what they pay/benes, etc.

Any and all info. is greatly appreciated.:smilie_132:

Thanks for the information, I did call the terminal manager and he was very busy and couldn't stay on the phone too long to give out details. He told me to come on down and put in an application, which is fine, but I wanted to be more educated before possibly wasting his time or mine.

I was offered the job but turned it down. Here is the basics of the offer:
.43cpm to start, 17.00 per hour for fueling, chaining and load/unloading. The run they offered me was nightly line haul to Reno then layover then back to Portland. About 2750 miles for the week, week in and week out.

That may look real good to you in a few months or even days. I hope you did not burn your bridge with them.

No burned bridges. I just didn't want to run that hard and be away from home every other day, also I don't like driving nights (my circadian rhythm thinks I should be sleeping between midnight and 3 am). The money would have been in excess of 60k to start though and that was the tough part to turn down.

Im sorry Scoe, no one would respond to me in the office over there...so much for offices being able to talk to one another. Thats good money though! Way better than what they pay here!