Central Transport | Vitran Posts 2Q Profit On Positive LTL Contribution

can someone please tell me why we bought 250 new trucks and 300 new swing door trailers??????????????????????? an why the new guys got the 5% back and us driver that have been with the company for yrs did not get our 5 % back?????????????????????

Trucker Vitran Turns Slim Profit

Trucker Vitran Turns Slim Profit
Shipment, tonnage improvements offset weak pricing environment
Canadian trucker and supply chain manager Vitran returned to profitability in the second quarter, led by its less-than-truckload and logistics businesses.
Vitran earned $400,000 on revenue of $158.7 million for the quarter ended June 30, 2009. In the comparable 2008 three-month period, the company earned a $4.6 million profit on revenue of $196 million. Vitran reported a net loss of $2.4 million for the first quarter and a loss of $3.2 million in the fourth quarter of 2008.
The company’s logistics business equaled its all-time best profitability with income from operation of $1.4 million and an operating ratio of 92.3 percent. The LTL segment posted income from operations of $1.2 million, with an OR of 99.1 percent. The truckload segment achieved income from operations of $256,000, with an OR of 97 percent.
Trucker Vitran Turns Slim Profit | Journal of Commerce

VTNC...10.16...+0.47...+4.85%

VTNC--
Vitran reports 2009 second quarter results - Yahoo! Finance
In Play &reg - Yahoo! Finance - The basics of investing.
US Earnings: Company Earnings Calendar - Yahoo! Finance
UPDATE 1-Vitran Q2 profit falls | Markets | Markets News | Reuters
Live Call: Vitran Corporation Earnings Conference Call (Q2 2009) - Yahoo! Finance

http://www.truckingboards.com/truck...panies-also-had-big-bounce-35.html#post671003:clap::clap:

:shift:

can someone please tell me why we bought 250 new trucks and 300 new swing door trailers??????????????????????? an why the new guys got the 5% back and us driver that have been with the company for yrs did not get our 5 % back?????????????????????
who got 5% back? haven't heard of anybody getting money back!

I have not heard of anyone getting their 5% back. In fact I think the plan is to give back in increments over a couple of years..as in raises with our own money!...either way, it is good to see the biz making a profit again. New trucks and trailers, have you noticed our equipment lately? Swing door trailers i believe are going to be for linehaul...For the most part i think the doubles and triples are going to go away.