Central Transport | Vitran Reports Net Loss On $213 Million In Sales!

I think the point that would like to be made is that anytime a union can point a finger at a non-union company that is struggling, it makes them feel better about themselves. At least we did not help ourselves to any Obama stimulus money! I think that the only trucking companies that received any stimulus money were union companies. How about that "Hope and Change"? I am Hoping FOR change in November!!!

unions are crap these days. " i got 13 years at yellow, but yet im sitting at home by the phone waiting to work the dock on a saturday night. dam it no call well i guess i better get a couple more hours of sleep, cuz i love sitting by the phone with my 13 years in." and you got the nerve to point a finger at us......... how bout your new retirement plan go ahead and get your 30 in, i hope you are 62 cuz u aint collecting all that hard earned money, so how bout you and your crooked asz union get off this page and go back to the " no! i am not throwing away that garbage in the can on the dock. thats not in the contract" hahahahaha pathetic!

As far as unions go, my mind goes back to Consolidated Freightways and Gross Common Carrier, two carriers that after a Union fight said to heck with them, closed their doors, walked away with all the money and left everyone screwed, same as Pabst Beer in Milwaukee......so don't try and convince me that Unions are always the best way to go. Considering what Con Way does for their people, they would lose wages and benefits joining the Teamsters, and at the same time they are free to discharge those that don't measure up to their standards, thereby raising the normal driver to elite status. If there is another LTL carrier I would want to move to and stay till retirement, Con Way has a lot to offer, but, not hiring in my area right now.

Just flip through the threads and there are page after page of complaining about Jimmy Junior selling the rank and file down the drain, and I personally read the letter from the Central States Health and Welfare fund to a friend of mine where they cut his pension 1st by 25% then 2 years later, another 15%

Holland drivers also took a , I believe 15% pay cut and benefit cut.

As for the Vitran financials it states that part of the reason for losing money was operation person turn over. That is not blaming dock workers and drivers, that is saying, in our terms, "our employees are pissed and quoting so we cannot move freight." That is good news for dock and driver because it shows corp sees they need to take action to keep people from quoting. Hopefully that translates to raises.

i doubt if we're going to see a raise at all, if anything they will take some money from the senority drivers and spread it to the new hires without dipping in their pockets. i feel anyone with 8 yrs or more will receive a cut, seeing that is the group they would like to see go and it's a small fraction across the board. then they can bump up entry level pay to get new hires in the door. well see when the review comes up, get your popcorn ready. they'll prob give us a 25 cents ( which is $10 on a 40 hr week ) then bump our insurance up that amount in 2013 and recoup it and blame BCBS, so we can be pissed at them.

CK has done some sweeping changes, like firing all Office people in Wichita a while ago. How much more does it take for people to wake up?