Central Transport | Vitran SCO sells supply chain operation to Legacy ...

PITRAN HONKEY LIPS

TB Lurker
Credits
Is this good or bad......

LEGACY Supply Chain Services Announces Acquisition Of Vitran Corporation Inc.'s Supply Chain Operation DivisionPORTSMOUTH, N.H., Feb. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- LEGACY Supply Chain Services today announced the acquisition of Vitran Corporation Inc.'s Supply Chain Operation (Vitran SCO), a North American third-party supply chain provider specializing in complex, high-velocity logistics networks servicing leading North American Retailers. The acquisition greatly expands LEGACY's market share in the United States and Canada. The transaction is expected to close in February, 2013, subject to the completion of customary conditions.

This venture immediately expands LEGACY's distribution footprint to a total of 35 facilities, four transportation offices, and over 6 million square feet of warehousing space in North America. Additionally, it expands their supply chain presence into the large retail market. The alignment of technological resources of the two companies will enhance LEGACY's supply chain solutions capabilities for current and future clients."We are always looking for ways to expand our service capabilities, and the Vitran SCO acquisition provided us a perfect opportunity to expand our client offerings," said Ron Cain, Chief Executive Officer of LEGACY Supply Chain Services. "Although it was important to expand our business and services, it was equally important to find a company that has similar values and culture, and is committed to providing high-touch service to customers. We believe we have found such a company in Vitran SCO.""We are excited to become part of the LEGACY organization," added Mike Glodziak, President of Vitran SCO. "This will allow our customers to continue to experience leading edge supply chain services as well as leverage the broader supply chain resources."

LEGACY Supply Chain Services is a U.S.-based third-party logistics provider with a nationwide distribution footprint and over 35 years of supply chain experience. LEGACY specializes in providing integrated warehousing & distribution, international & domestic transportation, and customs brokerage services to several vertical markets including Consumer Packaged Goods, High Tech, Industrial Manufacturing, Aftermarket Automotive, Life Sciences, and Consumer Industrial. LEGACY Supply Chain Services increases performance by instilling leadership at every level of the supply chain and creating a culture that delivers results.

For more information, visit us at Welcome to LEGACY Supply Chain Services | LEGACY Supply Chain Services.

Is this good or bad......

LEGACY Supply Chain Services Announces Acquisition Of Vitran Corporation Inc.'s Supply Chain Operation DivisionPORTSMOUTH, N.H., Feb. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- LEGACY Supply Chain Services today announced the acquisition of Vitran Corporation Inc.'s Supply Chain Operation (Vitran SCO), a North American third-party supply chain provider specializing in complex, high-velocity logistics networks servicing leading North American Retailers. The acquisition greatly expands LEGACY's market share in the United States and Canada. The transaction is expected to close in February, 2013, subject to the completion of customary conditions.

This venture immediately expands LEGACY's distribution footprint to a total of 35 facilities, four transportation offices, and over 6 million square feet of warehousing space in North America. Additionally, it expands their supply chain presence into the large retail market. The alignment of technological resources of the two companies will enhance LEGACY's supply chain solutions capabilities for current and future clients."We are always looking for ways to expand our service capabilities, and the Vitran SCO acquisition provided us a perfect opportunity to expand our client offerings," said Ron Cain, Chief Executive Officer of LEGACY Supply Chain Services. "Although it was important to expand our business and services, it was equally important to find a company that has similar values and culture, and is committed to providing high-touch service to customers. We believe we have found such a company in Vitran SCO.""We are excited to become part of the LEGACY organization," added Mike Glodziak, President of Vitran SCO. "This will allow our customers to continue to experience leading edge supply chain services as well as leverage the broader supply chain resources."

LEGACY Supply Chain Services is a U.S.-based third-party logistics provider with a nationwide distribution footprint and over 35 years of supply chain experience. LEGACY specializes in providing integrated warehousing & distribution, international & domestic transportation, and customs brokerage services to several vertical markets including Consumer Packaged Goods, High Tech, Industrial Manufacturing, Aftermarket Automotive, Life Sciences, and Consumer Industrial. LEGACY Supply Chain Services increases performance by instilling leadership at every level of the supply chain and creating a culture that delivers results.

For more information, visit us at Welcome to LEGACY Supply Chain Services | LEGACY Supply Chain Services.

Where you been bro, you are very late to the SCO selloff party here at truckingboards. Vitran sold their profitable SCO division because they were desperately in need of cash so it is a good thing.

while other ltls are purchasing logistic companies to branch out and prosper, vitran makes another assbackwards move and sells theirs. lol. now they'll make another dumb move and keep non profiting terminals open and prob expand. lol.

@ STUNHSIF . I left Vitran back in September, so I only go on trucking boards 2-3 month to see how you guys are doing. I wish you guys the best of luck and I hope Vitran can make it. Sorry so late with the info.

ps. I'm going to try to make something really big happen for you guys in early summer. Its a good thing for the drivers !!

@ STUNHSIF . I left Vitran back in September, so I only go on trucking boards 2-3 month to see how you guys are doing. I wish you guys the best of luck and I hope Vitran can make it. Sorry so late with the info.

ps. I'm going to try to make something really big happen for you guys in early summer. Its a good thing for the drivers !!

Uh Oh HONKEY LIPS, what are you talking about? Please don't think about trying to organize our terminals, the big guys will fold em like lawn chairs bro.

stunhsif. possibly !! not my call . current drivers are very interested... they would like outside help, so no one would risk getting fired.
basic contract. establish a pay scale - timeline. Options on health insurance. new equipment for the "participating" terminals. Still put a freeze on pay raise,401,pension. give the company time to get on its feet. 1-1-2015 the 401 & pension kick in. That gives C.K. 4 years to get this thing turned around.. I believe that is very fair !!!!

Clearly shows how RG truly has no clue how messed up our company is. First, to believe that CK and his minions of FedEx castoffs are going to save this company is laughable. In the one year they have been here, they have forced RG to sell his greatest asset (SCO) to prop up the 40 million dollar loss caused by CK's out of control spending. The bottom line is this, Vitran is not in a position or able to charge enough for the goods hauled. What we need, is to be able to charge what the marketplace allows the other LTL's and that would be an immediate 10-15 percent increase in rates. If we did that, our customer base would have no reason to use us. They would flee to carriers that deliver on time, don't damage their freight, that pay their claims etc etc etc.