Central Transport | Vitran turning trucks back down

biglarry28

TB Lurker
Credits
Saw a memo today stating they were going to turn the trucks back to 62mph. As usual it has no name or department on it so we have no idea who made the decision. Anyone else have this memo posted?

People we are paid by the hour! Turn it down to 55 that's even better! save on fuel spend on labor! Vote union vote union vote union

People we are paid by the hour! Turn it down to 55 that's even better! save on fuel spend on labor! Vote union vote union vote union
only us city drivers are paid by the hour, line haul who takes priority is paid by the mile. and lets hope under Chris we don't need the union like we did under the old management

Saw the same memo in our breakroom. I do believe that it is a repeat memo, as all of our tractors are turned down to 62mph. Most of us have high hopes for Chris Keylon. While I am certain that Chris is very capable of making improvements, no one person has a magic wand or enough pixie dust to make the drastic improvements necessary for Vitran's immediate future. Have any of you heard of the phrase "it takes a village"?

No memo at mine, newer ones are already there, just the older still run 65 to 70.... if they can plug in to modify this, then while your there tell me why my check engine light comes on and then the engine surges and sounds like it is going to puke its guts, should be making a incident in ecm history

The way I figure it, at my pay scale(.39cpm) my potential earnings @ 64 mph vs. 62 mph, I was just handed a 78 cph cut in pay. Yea,yea I know, my name is not on the truck and the co. can set them up however they want. I will make the same amount of pay per trip--it will just take a little longer to earn it---but don't be late!!

Saw the same memo in our breakroom. I do believe that it is a repeat memo, as all of our tractors are turned down to 62mph. Most of us have high hopes for Chris Keylon. While I am certain that Chris is very capable of making improvements, no one person has a magic wand or enough pixie dust to make the drastic improvements necessary for Vitran's immediate future. Have any of you heard of the phrase "it takes a village"?
Yea-Hillary Clinton wrote a book titled that. "Nough said.

The way I figure it, at my pay scale(.39cpm) my potential earnings @ 64 mph vs. 62 mph, I was just handed a 78 cph cut in pay. Yea,yea I know, my name is not on the truck and the co. can set them up however they want. I will make the same amount of pay per trip--it will just take a little longer to earn it---but don't be late!!
Notice the run times aren't adjusted, so at 62 they are griping in the mornings that you are late...

I have been running 62 for a year now so I am assuming that memo is for the old trucks. For you linehaul drivers like Scotty425 said those arrival times are not adjusted, If you pull over to cool off a tire your late & some runs your just late period.

or is he the village idiot!

Yeup- I lose nearly a buck an hour. Thanks Vitran. I'll make sure to get that back somewhere...opps-I'm sorry-was that marked "fragile"????

you line hauls will still make the same, just take 15 minutes longer, p&d comes out ahead...............turn mine down to 55 PLEASE

you line hauls will still make the same, just take 15 minutes longer, p&d comes out ahead...............turn mine down to 55 PLEASE

Yes, LH makes the same, but it takes more time. Therefore you are working longer for the same pay. So, in reality, it is a pay cut. And they still B**tch about you being late, despite holding the pedal to the floor and never stopping...

It is against FMCSA Regs to dispatch you on unreasonable schedule, however, if you are not breaking the speed limit, there is nothing you can do

i like it when there's a driver who runs a linehaul route and breaks the speed limit, then another driver obeys the law, then when they arrive the operations tells him, "YOU'RE LATE, WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?" after they give you a door to back into, drag your feet. go to the restroom, fuel your tractor. you think the load was late, now it is.

Welcome to Fedex. You guys were all jumping up and down when he was first hired. How do you feel now?

I am P&D, so turn me down to 55, I don't care. We have no idea who is behind this, and my terminal has no such posting, imagine head of maintenance or something, but who knows. Just because Canada is 100kph/62mph, I do not see the rational for doing it here, unless EVERY truck is turned down, we have 62 to 65 to 67 to 73 in our yard, depending on which one you get assigned.