Central Transport | Vitrans forum out of control

runawaytrain

Wear their scorn with pride.
Credits
Back before all this CT drama I enjoyed truckingboards, but now you must navigate through all these BS threads that are just plain stupid. I have to create a thread just for this. It's getting to the point we are going to need a moderator. This is crazy. This is not what truckingboards is all about. Has this become Facebook and Twitter and lost all sense of any intelligent purpose? Would anyone care to count the threads started since this CT drama?

I also enjoyed viewing posts and occasionally responding. Viewer's are reaching out and it's our obligation to let them reach out and if we can offer information. It can get out of control when people are scared and angry. Stay strong and filter through the insignificant comment's.

I will try......I just remember the days when we would post a thread from time to time and stay on topic awhile. We would all join in and have some sense of structure. Not the chaos we enjoy today.

Back before all this CT drama I enjoyed truckingboards, but now you must navigate through all these BS threads that are just plain stupid. I have to create a thread just for this. It's getting to the point we are going to need a moderator. This is crazy. This is not what truckingboards is all about. Has this become Facebook and Twitter and lost all sense of any intelligent purpose? Would anyone care to count the threads started since this CT drama?

No $hit Train, very well said.

you sure can spot the facebook and twitter people,,, never a complete sentence

you sure can spot the facebook and twitter people,,, never a complete sentence
Excellent.....Me and the boys are always glad when you drop in and see us again. We miss your always informative information. Hope your new job is going well.

When did people not count? I'm not getting Not_Wanted comment! Regardles off the technology they use or the interest they show it's our responsibility to guide, not degrade! Filter your comment's.

When did people not count? I'm not getting Not_Wanted comment! Regardles off the technology they use or the interest they show it's our responsibility to guide, not degrade! Filter your comment's.
Buffalo settle down....Not Wanted has plenty of love for us all....He's a busy man and I'm sure he will forget no one.

I'm new here but if you guys don't mind me saying, Ill bet you guys since the buyout of Vitran and chaos started here the Admin doesn't mind all the new attention. In fact, how many more registered users and or browsers are here because of the news on the buyout. Also When you do a search about the buyout this forum is almost at the top. Got to be good for the forums attention. Heck I didn't know the place existed, until all this.
Nice place though. Great idea for a forum. Not hating or trying to get into it but if we cant state the obvious whats the point of a forum. Don't hate or rule me out as a good guy for jumping in here but that's what I figured.
I've owned and built a few forums in the past and loved all the attention brought my way. Have a great day.

This what our forum is over at yrcf for the last few years. Everytime a major event comes by or news article all of a sudden the trolls come out. You will notice several screen names that seem like the same person(likely is) , guys comin just to cry. Guys **** talking and ect ect. My advice would be is to ignore most of them because they just crave attention, u just fuelin their need. Stick with ur real buddies here, u will meet new ones and filter out the rest of the noise. ( try the ignore list its great) . It will inevatibly be here to stay for a while. To the rest of you good luck i know what it feels like.

Excellent.....Me and the boys are always glad when you drop in and see us again. We miss your always informative information. Hope your new job is going well.

60 to 70 hour weeks right now, nice to get time and a half at 40 again, uncle sam takes a lot, but good side is so does 401(k). living up north it looks like an early fall so getting things ready for the white season. i still talk to my old terminal's brothers every week, massive exodus coming there, manager and 3 drivers done end of next week, other using up PTO while they can,,,,,,glad to say i am not in on the drama anymore

I'm new here but if you guys don't mind me saying, Ill bet you guys since the buyout of Vitran and chaos started here the Admin doesn't mind all the new attention. In fact, how many more registered users and or browsers are here because of the news on the buyout. Also When you do a search about the buyout this forum is almost at the top. Got to be good for the forums attention. Heck I didn't know the place existed, until all this.
Nice place though. Great idea for a forum. Not hating or trying to get into it but if we cant state the obvious whats the point of a forum. Don't hate or rule me out as a good guy for jumping in here but that's what I figured.
I've owned and built a few forums in the past and loved all the attention brought my way. Have a great day.
I read your profile. I found the group you are trying to form...."Vitran Haters." Now that's funny. Anyway FYI...As with anything it takes time to get a feel of someone's character on here. You build your reputation (the little green bar below your name) by your post. You gain respect by not being cocky or arrogant. We don't hate or rule anyone out. Your post says all we need to know. Good and bad. If you stay around awhile your true self always comes out....Most regulars here know the "Trains" weakness is Crown....And when I've had a few too many I start to philosophize and sometimes make a fool out of myself. If your a phony it always comes out. If you were to go back 1 year on my post you would see what the "Trains" all about.....Some good....Some bad...but always myself. Be yourself and you will fit right in as long as you don't become obnoxious with a know it all mentality.

60 to 70 hour weeks right now, nice to get time and a half at 40 again, uncle sam takes a lot, but good side is so does 401(k). living up north it looks like an early fall so getting things ready for the white season. i still talk to my old terminal's brothers every week, massive exodus coming there, manager and 3 drivers done end of next week, other using up PTO while they can,,,,,,glad to say i am not in on the drama anymore
Your glad your not part of the drama anymore...Well me and the boys are not....Get your azz back on here more often.

I read your profile. I found the group you are trying to form...."Vitran Haters." Now that's funny. Anyway FYI...As with anything it takes time to get a feel of someone's character on here. You build your reputation (the little green bar below your name) by your post. You gain respect by not being cocky or arrogant. We don't hate or rule anyone out. Your post says all we need to know. Good and bad. If you stay around awhile your true self always comes out....Most regulars here know the "Trains" weakness is Crown....And when I've had a few too many I start to philosophize and sometimes make a fool out of myself. If your a phony it always comes out. If you were to go back 1 year on my post you would see what the "Trains" all about.....Some good....Some bad...but always myself. Be yourself and you will fit right in as long as you don't become obnoxious with a know it all mentality.
I got it. Thanks.

The only thing a moderator is supposed to do is enforce the rules that everyone agreed to when they created a username at truckingboards. If someone violates the rules, the Vitran board community always has the option of reporting the post and a moderator will take a look at it. We cannot moderate someone's thoughts or someone's opinion. Trucking boards is about information. It's up to you to find that information and use it accordingly.

Guardrail

Comment's of how people use technology to view or respond isn't needed. Be helpful, informative or butt out with useless comment. I didn't come on this forum to view insignificant comment. Enough said!!

Comment's of how people use technology to view or respond isn't needed. Be helpful, informative or butt out with useless comment. I didn't come on this forum to view insignificant comment. Enough said!!

Tough Guy. And you jumping in out of no where is called for, or like these guys cant stick up for themselves. How bout you butt out. Enough Said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tough Guy. And you jumping in out of no where is called for, or like these guys cant stick up for themselves. How bout you butt out. Enough Said.
Smart move to edit at times...We all must learn restraint.....Which is not easy at times with some of these post....The Mods keep a close eye out and will crack the whip if needed , maybe some time off or even a complete ban....Right Guardrail??