SAIA | Voluntary Furlough

How long? I been with them about 3 yrs, OD for 5 before that.
Hey I am not a truck driver but I found a truckers ring from Akers motor lines the inscription is Robert E Fisher with the date 1-08-73 it’s a safe driving award ring for 20 years it was at loves stop n Charlotte/Belmont nc if anyone knows him please have him contact my husband at 704-437-6062/540-391-2010. He also works there his name is Johnny. Thank I wld think it wld be sentimental to him

Hey I am not a truck driver but I found a truckers ring from Akers motor lines the inscription is Robert E Fisher with the date 1-08-73 it’s a safe driving award ring for 20 years it was at loves stop n Charlotte/Belmont nc if anyone knows him please have him contact my husband at 704-437-6062/540-391-2010. He also works there his name is Johnny. Thank I wld think it wld be sentimental to him
Why would you post this personal info about a stupid ring ?

Wtf??

I think this has got to be the most random post ever on TB. Chances are that fellow isn’t alive anymore and if your husband works for Akers currently then you may be living in a parallel universe. However, I hope all goes well with your search for that fellow.

By chance did you find a Hat too??....

Why would you post this personal info about a stupid ring ?
Obviously she just posted it in the wrong section but if it is a 20 year safe driving in 1973 and it's 47 years later, and he was 40 years old when he got it he is very old or possibly deceased by now.

I think this has got to be the most random post ever on TB. Chances are that fellow isn’t alive anymore and if your husband works for Akers currently then you may be living in a parallel universe. However, I hope all goes well with your search for that fellow.
I believe she meant that her husband still works at the Loves Truckstop. It’s off of I85 on Sam Wilson Road, a fairly new one, only been open about a year.

Last edited:
Obviously she just posted it in the wrong section but if it is a 20 year safe driving in 1973 and it's 47 years later, and he was 40 years old when he got it he is very old or possibly deceased by now.

Akers was based in Gastonia, very near Belmont and Mt Holly.
Guy could have been reminiscing at the truck stop.
There is still a few of us old farts still around.
They eventually moved to Charlotte and had a large terminal near Sam Wilson Rd.

Sounds more like a disgruntled employee f***ing with us like most Saia formers. Lady bj from a truck stop! COME ON MAN !!!

How long? I been with them about 3 yrs, OD for 5 before that.
I was Linehaul, for over 20 years, and I agree with Davey. The TM may have and probably does have his favorites. I wouldn't trust him and maybe the decision wouldn't be his to make anyway. No good intentioned deed goes unpunished.

Just so everyone knows I’m not a lot lizard this isn’t a joke n this :::shit::: ain’t stupid I thought just maybe whoever the hell this man is wld like his ring back so if u don’t know him y comment if u do know him tell him we’re it’s at ... that simple

You probably have, but I would also put this on facebook. ( Your original post)

Akers at one time was one of the Carolina's largest East Coast carriers.
When they moved to Charlotte, their Terminal on Little Rock Rd, dwarfed all others in the area.

Last edited:
Just so everyone knows I’m not a lot lizard this isn’t a joke n this :::shit::: ain’t stupid I thought just maybe whoever the hell this man is wld like his ring back so if u don’t know him y comment if u do know him tell him we’re it’s at ... that simple
I guess the way the world has gotten doing the right thing is really strange for some people to do or even understand it
But u know it is what it is, till it ain’t no more

Yes, most of us understood it for what it was. The rest of us apologize for the idiots who tried to make it out to be something it was not.

You probably have, but I would also put this on facebook. ( Your original post)

Akers at one time was one of the Carolina's largest East Coast carriers.
When they moved to Charlotte, their Terminal on Little Rock Rd, dwarfed all others in the area.
Is that the one that serves as airport parking now visible from 85?