FedEx Freight | Voluntary Furloughs

I was told there having meetings today about it. Some centers have already started the process. SBG Schaumburg Illinois 10 city, 10 road. Heard that from a driver out of that center. Makes sense they announced it before a long weekend IMO. Don’t was ticked off drivers loading freight. I’m sure numbers will vary and hubs will be worse than service centers.

cFutgAQ.jpg

Anybody have a photo of the q and a?

As of now they say nothing is forced, but if it comes down to it I'd assume they go based off seniority and job class drivers/dock in its separate categories...Some think they'd make all dock full timers part time. or even start with dock full timers, because they make more then part timers.... lot of people just ansy after hearing the furlough news i guess. You gotta be crazy to take it though. Unless u have a sure fire back up plan...Too many unknowns

As of now they say nothing is forced, but if it comes down to it I'd assume they go based off seniority and job class drivers/dock in its separate categories...Some think they'd make all dock full timers part time. or even start with dock full timers, because they make more then part timers.... lot of people just ansy after hearing the furlough news i guess. You gotta be crazy to take it though. Unless u have a sure fire back up plan...Too many unknowns
its NOT going to be dock workers first. Each terminal will have a set number of employees that need to be given furlough too in each class from dock,city,road,office and management depending on the size of terminal and how much freight they have or dont have. i'm sure some terminals know there numbers and rest of terminal will be notified on how many they need to furlough by end of next week..

I’m a long time lurker but this is my first time posting. When does voluntary furlough become mandatory layoffs? Is there a set number of people their looking to furlough before cutting from the bottom?
So let's post questions to this thread pertaining to 'voluntary furloughs'.

My questions are:

1. Seniority: Do we keep our class seniority or just company seniority? If not class, then do we just lag by the length of the furlough or go to the bottom?
2. Benefits: Company has so far said it will cover the cost of health benefits for 4 months to be paid back on reinstatement. What about the other benefits we signed up for? FSA? HSA? Childcare? Life insurance? Can we pay for those out of pocket or do they just cease?
3. Do we get our pension money? 401K? Or do those stay under control of the company until we are ultimately laid-off?

My questions are:

1. Seniority: Do we keep our class seniority or just company seniority? If not class, then do we just lag by the length of the furlough or go to the bottom?
2. Benefits: Company has so far said it will cover the cost of health benefits for 4 months to be paid back on reinstatement. What about the other benefits we signed up for? FSA? HSA? Childcare? Life insurance? Can we pay for those out of pocket or do they just cease?
3. Do we get our pension money? 401K? Or do those stay under control of the company until we are ultimately laid-off?
stop asking so many questions, just drink the KOOLADE and move on, sayin for a friend

My questions are:

Disclaimer: I have no crystal ball, these are all my opinions based on what I’ve seen with company over my years of employment, including two previous periods where employees were “displaced”

1. Company seniority only determines the order of seniority within a job class for furlough purposes, everything else we do will continue to go by job class seniority

2. ?? Great questions that I’m sure will be answered in due time. We must remember, it’s only been one day since the announcement was made so it’s gonna take time for all of the details to trickle down. (The covering of the insurance premiums until employment is regained has NEVER been offered to drivers in the past, this is a first!!)

3. All will remain in control by the company until you’re permanently laid-off, retire, or leave for various other reasons just like under normal circumstances and just as they’ve done in the past

Disclaimer: I have no crystal ball, these are all my opinions based on what I’ve seen with company over my years of employment, including two previous periods where employees were “displaced”

1. Company seniority only determines the order of seniority within a job class for furlough purposes, everything else we do will continue to go by job class seniority

2. ?? Great questions that I’m sure will be answered in due time. We must remember, it’s only been one day since the announcement was made so it’s gonna take time for all of the details to trickle down. (The covering of the insurance premiums until employment is regained has NEVER been offered to drivers in the past, this is a first!!)

3. All will remain in control by the company until you’re permanently laid-off, retire, or leave for various other reasons just like under normal circumstances and just as they’ve done in the past

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully they can answer these questions before they want us to make a decision.

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully they can answer these questions before they want us to make a decision.
I’m sure they will...or you can find the answer here :smilies 19296:

We were told 2 to 3 weeks before they work out all the details so I think patience will do us all some good...

I’m sure they will...or you can find the answer here :smilies 19296:

We were told 2 to 3 weeks before they work out all the details so I think patience will do us all some good...
Patience is fine. I'm just surprised they even announced something like this before even ironing out the details.

And it seems some centers have been told they have until Monday to make up their mind.

Patience is fine. I'm just surprised they even announced something like this before even ironing out the details.

And it seems some centers have been told they have until Monday to make up their mind.
Again, we were informed by a pre-printed message read by the same person to every road driver at our center in order to cut back on the rumor mill...unfortunately that didn’t work either!!

My questions are:

You do not get your pension money unless your not welcomed back meaning your terminated after the furlough date.. as far as seniority goes, it goes by company seniority within the job class your in,so if your on the road and lets say on the bottom of the board but been with the company longer than many of the other road drivers even though there hire on the board than you, they will be affected on the furlough first before you. as far as benefits go, i believe there only covering the cost of medical and dental but doubt life insurance and no accumilition of personal or vacation time.

I think the #1 question is will the "$600" even last for 4 months.....? Is there any wording on it lasting the time of your unemployment fully?
the $600 a week is part of the care act that congress signed due to the corona virus,That will last till July31st 2020, then you will only get your state unemployement rate that determines how much you get.