Yellow | Volvo "City Tractors'

hilo342

TB Regular
Credits
I'm sure at your terminal you may be receiving downgraded 800000 series Volvo's for the city. They have been taking the side farings off and renumbering them. My question to all is at your location, have your shop or vendor's been removing the stop on the frame rail to allow you to slide the fifth wheel back another hole? If you pull a 53 as a single axle, you can hit the back of the cab, and of course receive a chargable. We have been told to jiff up if we pull a 53. Some of the conversions have the stop removed.

Thanks for the info 342 we got a few of those Volvos come in a couple of weeks ago. One of our guys getting ready to retire is running one with a 53'.

"ROADWAY SAFETY AT ITS FINEST" when it is told from one brother to another:1036316054:

Hey 342..........I know at 671 the city converted 5th wheels have been moved back one hole, thanks for the heads up. DS.

thanks, for the info 342, now that Im becoming a ue starting on the 13th:1036316054:
Hey gusgus.....at 671 our UE drivers are goin to be driving ex USF Holland twin screws. They came in orange and white then after the "aerosol overhaul", they are now all blue. DS.

DS you wouldn't be talking about those Ford Aeromax with the Dayton wheels:TR10driving03::shock:
At 859 we can't get the fifth wheel on the Blue Beast set up to where this old ***** could pull a pup without tearing up the outside tires on the tag axle.

At 859 we can't get the fifth wheel on the Blue Beast set up to where this old ***** could pull a pup without tearing up the outside tires on the tag axle.
Hey mud....now that I think about it, I haven't actually seen our two "blue beasts" hooked to a trailer.......Seems the shop is spending a lot of time working on them. I guess our UE drivers will find out any problems on July 13th!! DS.

Someone is getting an older Volvo for a UE tractor, also. A switcher told me it had a tag axle and said it almost got stuck in a dip in the yard!! A drive away company came to pick it up Wednesday. DS.

RDWY could have applied a sticker of some sorts to differentiate UE tractors from line haul or P+D. But NO!, they gotta refurbish junk for the UE driver. Velocity indeed!! DS.

the volvo we got broke down yesterday and had to leave on a hook.

thats velocity for ya

there was a carrier back in the days whose equipment always broke down on the side of the road. He always denied that they were breakdowns but good advertisement for the company. :hysterical:

I love my sterling... It runs out at 57 mph, I can go days on one fuel up. I just wish I had A/C and a radio, then my life would be complete!!!!

I got one of those new internationals with A/C & radio and that truck aint got no balls at all. That power unit will run away from a hill pulling a load:thumbsdown: