Volvo Unveils Redesigned Flagship Class 8 VNL Tractor

K

Keiron Greenhalgh

Volvo Trucks North America launched a revamp of its flagship over-the-road Class 8 VNL tractor Jan. 23, the first major overhaul since a 2017 redesign.

Continue reading...

Forget it.

My last good volvo was a little 1994 Midroof with the N11 for coil work with EckMiller. It was the perfect truck for what we did with it.

Ive dealt with Ishift in the past at the auction house on truck sale days and frankly waiting on it all day is not worth the trouble and so on so forth.

And piddling 500 horse? 1750 foot torque? And mountains of soot to eliminate by the barrel every hour too I bet. Its disgusting. And that is probably a Ford Front End. Slam down on every plate and bridge all the day long.

And dont get started with the tired spiel about durability and so on so forth. You might whip these tractors for two or three years and then sell them off and get a replacement.

Looks like the same low crap mirror mounting as Paccar. Either have to be a midget, or duck down to use it. I don't see any change in mirror loss statistics.

I was with ATS decades ago. One day I loaded Ford Tires for Michigan in eastern North Carolinas. Specifically Ford Tauruses. Quality tires too. Filled the whole box. Nice little run.

The problems began when Payroll that friday failed due to paperwork snafu and whatever else in those days (No internet etc back then its all paper) so I could not adequately take care of myself physically without getting sick. ATS did not take the trailer onto another driver (Swap trailers) and so... refused a comcheck too. I think it was a couple hundred dollars request.

SO. The trailer was dumped off at a truckstop as a drop off. Resignation sent in over the satellite and thats that. As soon that macro went out and hit their computers legally that trailer is no longer my problem and the need of 200 dollars was solved. Im going home to get it.

I would hear stories for years and rumors to the effect that Ford may have had to stop the billion dollar assembly line waiting on those tires. Took ATS 3 days to get to it. And another to physically be there with them. It was all JIT in those days (Still is.) no tires. No factory work. Stop the line.

So it does not matter if you have a factory with human workers or robot workers no tires means its going to be stopped. And that ***** too expensive. Preventable too.

I get to a point in trucking a few times that if the Company does not give a *******, then I dont give a ******* either. Im cheap. Its not that hard.

Looks like the same low crap mirror mounting as Paccar. Either have to be a midget, or duck down to use it. I don't see any change in mirror loss statistics.
Do they come in white?.....asking for a fella who doesn't speak english.
Yes. When you order the Illinois Special package (was gonna be called Land of Leen-cohn package but was changed when the guy who came up with that was kidnapped and is now missing three fingers and an ear lobe).
The Package comes only in white and includes reinforced mirror brackets three feet tall, a hole in the bottom of the sleeper(you know), and includes a built in GeePeeEss that translates any Soviet language into English…..with the accent.

Yes. When you order the Illinois Special package (was gonna be called Land of Leen-cohn package but was changed when the guy who came up with that was kidnapped and is now missing three fingers and an ear lobe).
The Package comes only in white and includes reinforced mirror brackets three feet tall, a hole in the bottom of the sleeper(you know), and includes a built in GeePeeEss that translates any Soviet language into English…..with the accent.

IMG_9671.md.jpeg