Holland | Vote count local 71

Rodeo

TB Regular
Credits
The Local held the meeting on reopening the MOU only for negotiations, which may allow an extension of 5years for the year 2013 for
the current contract. The members voted 87-44 to authorize the IBT to re-open negotiations.

The Local held the meeting on reopening the MOU only for negotiations, which may allow an extension of 5years for the year 2013 for
the current contract. The members voted 87-44 to authorize the IBT to re-open negotiations.

Voted?? Must have been a Straw Poll, No voting at my meeting today, just info. BTW, those that "voted" YES, are fools!!!!

Local 179 voted 59-14 AGAINST negotiations......How can you guys trust YRC?? Isn't it amazing how these "make or break the company" decisions always happen right before the holidays? They are playing you guys like a fiddle.........They have known about this refinancing situation for a LONG time .....now it's a BIG deal that has to be taken care of NOW!!! Gimme a break.

Voted?? Must have been a Straw Poll, No voting at my meeting today, just info. BTW, those that "voted" YES, are fools!!!!
a yes vote doesn't mean your a fool or whatever other name that describes a man doing what's best for his family or maybe a close co-worker with a special needs child or even a terminally ill family member. Never have I found it hurtful to hear all options available to us.

one thing to remember griz, this is like trying to herd housecats, and we're fools if we vote yes or no, the banks and the company are all on the same sheet of music, and you can't get 2 drivers to agree if its partly cloudy or partly sunny.

I agree with Griz, I can't help but think of the old saying "bite off your nose to spite your face" I think that's how it goes?

Local 179 voted 59-14 AGAINST negotiations......How can you guys trust YRC?? Isn't it amazing how these "make or break the company" decisions always happen right before the holidays? They are playing you guys like a fiddle.........They have known about this refinancing situation for a LONG time .....now it's a BIG deal that has to be taken care of NOW!!! Gimme a break.

Unfortunately we we're put into the master last time and the vote will be tallied together

a yes vote doesn't mean your a fool or whatever other name that describes a man doing what's best for his family or maybe a close co-worker with a special needs child or even a terminally ill family member. Never have I found it hurtful to hear all options available to us.

3.2 Billion $$ so far in "Givebacks", and no end in sight, due to YRCW's gross mismanagement. Teamsters don't "manage" this company, we are the labor that makes it survive/run. How much is enough? When do you say NO! How many sacrifices have to be made? What guarantee do you have that "supporting YRC' is going to "guarantee" you that assistance for your family, special needs person, close co-worker, Etc.?? Do you really believe that YRCW cares about your well being? If you do, then you are foolish! Go ask your 30,000 displaced, laid off Teamster Brothers and Sisters that question. BTW, there was NO VOTE! Did you get a ballot?? NO, it was a straw poll to see just how many more stupid, scared Teamsters were left out there that would sell their soul to the "Company Store" just so they didn't have to go looking for new employment, or just a head count of Idiots willing to give up everything just so they have a job! WAKE UP!!

Conway is building a new terminal nineteen miles from my house in Fond du Lac, WI, all I keep thinking is if YRC really goes belly up that is probably where I will end up, either that or hauling petroleum products in tankers like I use to. When I think about those two alternatives a few more years of giving back fifteen percent sounds like a pretty good option, IMO.

We had about 15 guys show up Sunday at the meeting from Holland.thats all that showed up out of 95 guys counting road board.sad.

Local 24 (Akron) sent out approximately 650 ballots to YRC Freight and Holland members on Friday. Most members received them on Saturday and have mailed back in to be counted probably on Thursday. Members can vote YES to re-open the contract and negotiate, or NO to not re-open the contract and wait until the current MOU expires. Voting on this by secret ballot is the best way to handle this at the local level!