Central Transport | Vote Teamsters

ltlrunner

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello, we need the Union to come in and help us fight for our rights. Too many employees are getting hurt at work, equipment not being fixed, less pay, and poor benefits, but yet this company can continue to buy. We are being screwed....Wake up. I am going to get fired, but I am going to start organizing. This is bullsh**, and if everyone just sits back, we will get walked all over. If asked to go union, VOTE YES

I am in Tulsa and would like to get in contact with the Teamsters. What location are you at. It would be great to have the teamsters represtent us so we could have a voice in the workplace. I am sick and tired of being ran over. We need to have a contract with the company just as they have contracts with compainies. Hope we are at the same location.

Union !

I’m all for the union’s but the teamsters are a dieing breed..we need some kind of union to support us but not the teamsters…i'm in any choice..

Im in Pa, and we all need to unite, and pull this together to organize this. I started the site vitranemployeeunion.com that was slammed with spam. I am working on making it a more secure site, password protected.

Did everyone enjoy the pay raise? How about the rise in your health insurance...I went to have lab work done, and I was hit with a 500.00 bill. Our insurance is a joke. How many people do you know of in your terminal off work for injuries? Caused by poor equipment, and poor maintenance.

I requested a day off with a personal day, It was denied. So I guess next time, I will just call off and let them scramble to cover me. I guess its to easy for them if you give them a notice.

I requested a day off with a personal day, It was denied. So I guess next time, I will just call off and let them scramble to cover me. I guess its to easy for them if you give them a notice.
You better off doing just that, I've been hearing stories of employees requesting days & not getting approved then call of only to get suspended even though they had vac. or PTO time to cover.

its better to float your p.t.o days off and just call in sick. they take them regardless. why give them any notice,they dont care about us.

Myself and several other drivers actually called them last spring, met with them and very little happened. Most drivers weren't interested in signing cards. Now it seems to be getting a new life. I dislike Unions personally, but this place desperately needs one. They wouldn't need one if the guys in corporate figured out how to treat people.
Like I've said before, things I'd like to see: pay for waiting for loads at other Vitran terminals, realistic doubles compensation (current system is a cent something a mile, which if you run 100 miles to another terminal just plain sucks) a physical handbook written in ink, not pencil. That'd be a good start...
Give me a card, I'll sign....

other companies are getting raises like fed ex freight , pitt ohio. hell,even a cost of living raise would be nice.

you are absolutly crazy if you think the union can help us when we lost 5% the union workers lost 15% how bout that if you are so unhappy with what we get why not go somewhere else

i want to get a union in and then leave. inject vitran with a cancer and watch it eat from inside-out and watch it's demise.

I just wanted to put 1 thing out there. Unions don't ruin companies. The employees do!!! The reality is that the union works for you not the other way around. The represented workers decide what goes into a contract, the union may recommend things but in the end it's not up to them. And it's not always a bad relationship between union workers and their companies. I work for A.B.F and for the most part management and hourly workers get along just fine and we are not losing boat loads of money as a company either.

was a great employee that got stuck like a pin cushion over the years and will retailiate when the opportunity presents itself.

you are absolutly crazy if you think the union can help us when we lost 5% the union workers lost 15% how bout that if you are so unhappy with what we get why not go somewhere else

remember pup, union drivers make alot more an hour than we do, plus have retirement and better health insurance that they pay nothing or little for. what do we have? id like to just get what i was promised when i was hired. my last raise has been almost 3 years ago and my 401k match 2 1/2 years ago. plus my health insurance which sucks, just went up again for worst coverage. but im doing like alot of guys here,waiting and looking for a better job, then ill quit. i was hopeful that vitran would come around but their not going to. this is how they run a company.ill do what i can and ill move on when i can.

God Bless you brother, I've been a card carrying member for 35 yrs. and you have to put you and your family first they look forward to seeing you back home every night. My hat off to all of you and good luck in your journey. :)

with factoring in the size of the company now and the lowering of the insurance policy coverage and rates, vitran is not paying a dime towards our insurance.