Yellow | Voting No??? On average UPS Freight workers pay $150 a month for health insurance

Three years for top pay, not five. And 150.00 per month is correct, for an entire family. I payed 160.00 per month for single coverage at odfl.

I say we give up the health insurance and get it on our own wherever we can. At least we'll still have a job! Things are really bad out there. You should have seen the bread line I went by in the city today, must have been 3 blocks long. Wait, scratch that, it was the liquor store and welfare check day. Never mind!

im not sure whERE reg 342 has been hiding but if i remember right when this real contract was rolling around and i said vote nooooo. that u/e drivers and shinny wheels were gonna cost us jobs you said [ no its what we need to save jobs]
now i guess cutting our throats just for a sub average job is going to save even more jobs.
i doubt it but you may still have the right to vote how ever you like . or at least until they totally knock the freight teamsters out . then you wont get a vote
if they want to knock me down its not going to be without a fight .
VOTE NO TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY

im not sure whERE reg 342 has been hiding but if i remember right when this real contract was rolling around and i said vote nooooo. that u/e drivers and shinny wheels were gonna cost us jobs you said [ no its what we need to save jobs]

I'm pretty sure that you are just a dumbshit that doesn't know what he is talking about. Because here is my ballot

ballot.jpg

Next time get your facts straight before opening your fat mouth.

UPS Freight "city drivers" earned about $21 per hour prior to the agreement. Under the contract, the city drivers will receive wage increases of about 35 cents per hour in 2008, 70 cents per hour in 2009, 75 cents per hour in 2010, 80 cents per hour in 2011, 85 cents per hour in 2012, and 90 cents per hour in 2013.

Stable Health Care Premium Contributions
Workers will receive health care coverage under the new United Parcel Service Health & Welfare Package Select, the company's self-insured plan with benefits similar, or better than, benefits provided under the previous health care plan, according to the union.

For the life of the contract, workers will contribute a fixed amount monthly to the cost of the health care premiums at $50 for single coverage, $100 for couples coverage, and $150 for family coverage. Retirees who will receive health benefits under the plan will pay $250 per month for individual coverage and $500 per month for couples coverage.
Similarly, UPS Freight employees represented by IBT will be covered by a company-managed pension plan, known as UPS Pension Plan. The benefits are similar to those that were offered under the previous plan, and no contributions from the employees for the plan are required.

That's funny we only pay about $80 for ours (health,dental,vision and more) and there is the 2 of us. They also have lower plans. Ours is the most expensive they have and I love the plan. I have no idea where you got your figures.

im sure he is . all you have to do is help him down from his cab and pry his fingures open so he can point and thump his chest a little so he gets his heart rate up

insurance at other companies

I started working for a non union after our terminal closed. After 2 months I can get a HMO insurance and it will cost me $50 per week. Some of the companies that I looked into were $30/wk all the way up to $125/wk. We have/had it good not having to pay anything for ours. Plus I can tell you that where I work now I probably won't even make half of what I was making. I don't know because I haven't gotten a pay check yet enven though I started 3 weeks ago. I'm telling you unless you can get hired at UPS or ABF you still have it better than most even with a paycut. By the way most non union cmopanies don't offer any pensions. I could go on and on about how bad it has been working for a non union company but I'm sure you don't want to listen to me :17: or :BlahBlah: so I will :tapedshut:

im sure he is . all you have to do is help him down from his cab and pry his fingures open so he can point and thump his chest a little so he gets his heart rate up

Sorry pal. I'm not one of the old pieces of crap knocking on deaths door. Not only that, but I don't drive. I'm 31, and I'm #86ish laid off in the city.

now i guess cutting our throats just for a sub average job is going to save even more jobs.
i doubt it but you may still have the right to vote how ever you like . or at least until they totally knock the freight teamsters out . then you wont get a vote
if they want to knock me down its not going to be without a fight .
VOTE NO TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY

Some people just don't get it.

if i were 31 i wouldnt mind a fresh start. but im tring to get to the finish line without losing everything . hard to get a grip after the 500mile move and coo after coo.

I started working for a non union after our terminal closed. After 2 months I can get a HMO insurance and it will cost me $50 per week. Some of the companies that I looked into were $30/wk all the way up to $125/wk. We have/had it good not having to pay anything for ours. Plus I can tell you that where I work now I probably won't even make half of what I was making. I don't know because I haven't gotten a pay check yet enven though I started 3 weeks ago. I'm telling you unless you can get hired at UPS or ABF you still have it better than most even with a paycut. By the way most non union cmopanies don't offer any pensions. I could go on and on about how bad it has been working for a non union company but I'm sure you don't want to listen to me :17: or :BlahBlah: so I will :tapedshut:

That sucks!! Would you care to share the name of this place?