ODFL | Wage and Benefits

silvernickel

TB Lurker
Credits
The Wage and Benefits Meeting was held in Thomasville at the Corporate Office for Greensboro drivers local and line haul on Sunday, July 29th. As previously announced the Premier Insurance Plan will drop at the end of the year to leave Co-Pay and Traditional with no increase in insurance premiums. The company is absorbing the increase. Drivers wage increase for line haul after 2 years will be .018 for single and .021 for team. Local hourly will increase .80 with no changes in drops, hooks and fuel ups.
That's all to report at this time.

80 cents is going to put some of those dock guys and the local drivers in pretty good shape,the ones that have been there a while.

with the premier plan dropping what is the cost on the insurance and what do you think is the best with what is left.i have the premier now.

We haven't had our wage and benefit meeting yet. I noticed they had a sign posted by the time clock.

They started off telling us what a record year they had and how profits are up and we're kicking everybody's butt. Then they told us how freight has really slowed down and they hope they don't regret giving us this big raise. Then they told us what the big raise would be. Considering inflation I'd say we're backing up with linehaul getting .018.

Oh yeah, they told us we need to be more productive.

They started off telling us what a record year they had and how profits are up and we're kicking everybody's butt. Then they told us how freight has really slowed down and they hope they don't regret giving us this big raise. Then they told us what the big raise would be. Considering inflation I'd say we're backing up with linehaul getting .018.

Were kicking everybody's butt, but we need to be more productive. They had a record year, but are raise does not keep up with the cost of living. I figured they would pull something like this.

Were kicking everybody's butt, but we need to be more productive. They had a record year, but are raise does not keep up with the cost of living. I figured they would pull something like this.

I've got a bad memory but this time didn't the dock/pd get more than l/h if you ratio it out ? Somebody said they were going to hire a lot of drivers ???? I guess that's who the new trucks are for.

Them telling us we need to be more productive is almost too funny. Especially considering some of the bad dispatching decisions I have seen lately and the wait times I have experienced at some terminals.

I know drivers who in spite of waiting at a terminal for 2hrs or more are still moving freight at 600 to 650 miles a night by driving straight thru without any form of a real break.

How much more productivity can you get out of a driver without attaching a rocket pack to the back of their truck?:TR10driving03:

no give me some hover plates so i can go over the traffic life Doc Brown's train in Back to the Future 3

I've got a bad memory but this time didn't the dock/pd get more than l/h if you ratio it out ? Somebody said they were going to hire a lot of drivers ???? I guess that's who the new trucks are for.

I do not know about the dock but I think it would come out to about a 3.6% raise for hourly and a 3.8% raise for single linehaul. That is really not to bad and though I am sure the cost of energy has hit us all hard this year does keep up with the governments estimate of inflation. I do not worry to much about dock workers I have done that and hope to never again. More power to them.
For What It Is Worth

I'm a truck driver so I'm obviously not very smart. Here's my logic, last time they gave us the "biggest raise ever" and then they had their biggest year ever. What was the saying?, Happy cows give good milk.

Amen ,brother...MOOOO:1036316054:
Sounds like a lot of double talk. Earl's working on the hovercraft thing,too...Should get them with the GPS systems,and getting you home when you request it. (We didn't see that in the system..?!)

Being Thankfull

Something is better than nothing.Be thankfull for what you have not what you do not have.I remember a few years ago nobody got a raise and was really let down but it didn't make me bitter just thankfull the next time we did get a raise and the fact I still had a good job.

How much more productivity can you get out of a driver without attaching a rocket pack to the back of their truck?:TR10driving03:

A rocket pack???? wich century are you living in?
didn't you checked out your truck. Under the daschboard is a little swich hidden, and if you push that swich it will automaticly beem you to the next terminal you are dispached.
(The copyed it from the enterprise):hysterical: :shock: :biglaugh: :

A rocket pack???? wich century are you living in?
didn't you checked out your truck. Under the daschboard is a little swich hidden, and if you push that swich it will automaticly beem you to the next terminal you are dispached.
(The copyed it from the enterprise):hysterical: :shock: :biglaugh: :

You mean kinda like " beam me up Earl " ??
So that's how Skywalker does it.