Estes | Waiting around is getting old

stud muffin

TB Lurker
Credits
Why is it that this company continues to make their driver's sit around in bunk rooms or hotels for 14 to 24 hours? In the Estonian
there is a big article about fatigue, they don't want people working while their fatigued but they continue have us sit around wasting
time and making us fatigued. One driver told me Fri. morning in the last 2 weeks he told me he's kept track of his sitting around time
a total of 57 hrs. in 2 weeks. This is past his 10 hr. breaks every day. Why do we continue to hire more people so we all just sit around
and waste time looking at each other. This place can't move freight efficiently and this is why our customer base is the bottom of the
barrel and Fedex, UPSF and Conway have the cream of the crop. I've just about had enough.

Why is it that this company continues to make their driver's sit around in bunk rooms or hotels for 14 to 24 hours? In the Estonian
there is a big article about fatigue, they don't want people working while their fatigued but they continue have us sit around wasting
time and making us fatigued. One driver told me Fri. morning in the last 2 weeks he told me he's kept track of his sitting around time
a total of 57 hrs. in 2 weeks. This is past his 10 hr. breaks every day. Why do we continue to hire more people so we all just sit around
and waste time looking at each other. This place can't move freight efficiently and this is why our customer base is the bottom of the
barrel and Fedex, UPSF and Conway have the cream of the crop. I've just about had enough.

Thank You...Thank you very much......

They save a lot money using the extraboarders like a piece expendable material that they either need or wish they didn't have to deal with. Every minute that your away from home is at work. They don't want you to be tired driving and they want to save a ton of money. It just don't work that way. It bites em on the @ss both ways I guess

Well, if they wouldn't have gotten rid of all the teams,those teams would be droppin' and hookin' and movin' on...Leaving freight behind for xtra boarders to pull...That's how we use to roll on 8's....The teams would come through during the daylight and get xtra loads and that left us with the xtra freight that come in on the city hands....Flooding these terminals with xtra boarders is what's causing the log-jam....They don't like these smaller facilities running empties out,cause it cost that terminal everytime we pull empties...In the larger ones,if you have 85 regular runs out of a terminal and 25 xtra boarders in bed,and you are only going to have 100 loads that night,someone is going to suffer...Try to move the xtra boarder to a nearby terminal,then you have him for overflow at that larger one the next night...

Well Fedex having cream of the crop may be a stretch :) (jk) we do ok. I've noticed this last few weeks have been lighter for us at FXF. I'm sure all companies have seen a little slow down. Maybe that's it ?

Well Fedex having cream of the crop may be a stretch :) (jk) we do ok. I've noticed this last few weeks have been lighter for us at FXF. I'm sure all companies have seen a little slow down. Maybe that's it ?
Oh yea. We had a slow down. Everyones pointing fingers at the stuff going down in DC.

Last edited by a moderator:
well i'am with you on the wait times i wish i had the wait times at the hotel or bunkroom but my wait times have been in the middle of my runs. 5 hour delaylast week @ 010 the week before @055 4 1/2hr and what realy has me fired up i have a day cab and when dispatch says it be lil bit or an hour i say ok come back in hour then i do they say gives anther hour witch turns into five hours later what a waste. That could have been one good nap atleast. not to metion the low miles for the day. anther good one to last week i come from 025 with a driver on my tail. Both of us going to 055 we get thier we both have five hours left we sit down two hours later the other drivers gets his paper it's what i brought in a 38,000lbs van 100% floor going to 083. he just looked at me n shook his head

it sure would be nice if we got compensated somehow for all the waiting we do while on duty, of course company would go broke if this happened.
i hate the terminals where they won't take your phone # and call you when you're ready to go; when i was in FDX Ground we used to sign in, provide phone number and go to truck and take a lil nap instead of having to sit in dispatch holding the benches

It would be helpful if we could get some sort of estimate when starting a break how freight levels are. Just tell me if its going to be 10 hours/ 16 hours or whatever. They have an idea what the wait time has been or how big the backlog of drivers is. That way I can stay up for a few hours and get my sleep just before going back out. Would be nice but probably never happen.

It would be helpful if we could get some sort of estimate when starting a break how freight levels are. Just tell me if its going to be 10 hours/ 16 hours or whatever. They have an idea what the wait time has been or how big the backlog of drivers is. That way I can stay up for a few hours and get my sleep just before going back out. Would be nice but probably never happen.

If you must know, then this is what I would do...When you get there, tell everyone you see,"It's a beautiful morning out there isn't it..Isn't it wonderful how God works his majic"...See what kind of responses you get, and that will tell you right then,what time you will leave tonight....Then, go to the hotel...Kick back...And go to sleep...Worrying about it won't help a thing...So quit your da gum complainin' !!!!!!!! Figured I'd throw that in there, to ease the tension....

reading thru this thread just reassured me, in my 31 years of driving, why we could Never, get together and do something for not being treated like a piece of sh-t. Just glad to have a job is really getting old !!! Until every one calls a spade a spade, this will continue

i waited over 4 hrs in 010 this past week which ate all my 14 (thank God for paper logs :) )
why is it they're still hiring more drivers and/or using Covenant? i heard they had sign a new customer, maybe that's why

i waited over 4 hrs in 010 this past week which ate all my 14 (thank God for paper logs :) )
why is it they're still hiring more drivers and/or using Covenant? i heard they had sign a new customer, maybe that's why
Those paper comic books can definately turn $100 into $300 with a highly skilled master mind behind the $1.99 ink pen, no doubt