Yellow | Want to Save YRC? End the Welfare!

forestgump

TB Lurker
Credits
It basically costs yrc the same as anyone else to send a driver to go pick up or deliver the freight at the customer's dock. It costs about the same in labor, fuel, and the tractor trailer. It is when the freight comes back to YRC that the costs explode. Our main competitors Fed Ex and Con-Way dont use full time dock workers. Fed Ex has a few AF holdovers Con-Way has none. This needs to be changed if yrc is going to compete. Our road drivers sleep in hotels when out on the road. This is a huge unnecessay expense. Fed ex and Con - way drivers return to their home domicle everyday. This frees the company from hotel expenses and allows these road drivers to sleep in their own beds. It always shocked me to see our brothers working weekends while s--- company drivers had weekends off. The massive health and welfare benefits are killing YRC. this whole notion of only working 3 days a week to get h&w is just plain silly. What other business in America not just freight pays h&w of this magnitude for "part time" employees? yrc also pays the same h&w for a single employee as they do for families. Ask around to other people you know most companies dont do this. usually company X pays so much for single coverage and the employee has to pick up a bigger share for family coverage. I know its this way at Fed-Ex dont know about Con-Way dont talk to those guys too much. Our pension at this point is nothing more than a scam. As soon as "your" money gets paid in a retiree takes it. There are far to many retirees compared to active teamsters. Between UPS pulling out and the recent stock market performance I doubt any of us will really see a pension. Cut the pensions. How is it fair to those who are working for retirees to take more out of the pot than they ever put in. The same goes for the retiree health insurance. Im not trying to single anyone out. The fact remains there is just not enough money coming in to justify what is being paid out. There hasnt been enough organizing going on to make up the difference of how many teamster companies have gone out of business. The recent layoffs at yrc will only make the pension problems that much worse. Basically if yrc closes the pension will be that much closer to being insolvent. Cuts need to be made here first before taking it from those who still work. It isnt driver wages that need to be cut in order to save yrc. There is a lot of fat that needs to be cut. Once the fat is trimmed we can look at other things. Sell the Chinese company. Shut down logistics and other the other companies that arent pulling their weight. Stop the nascar team and the golfer. Redo BZ and the board of directors contracts and get rid of the golden parachutes.

i think they should just cap drivers pay at $1000 and stop they $90.000 truck drivers getting payed to drink coffee and pee in a bottle

Is that a dig to road drivers?I think it is!I got a better idea,lets train monkeys to strip and load trailers.Then we could save money in or o.s.&d. department too.All for the cost of bananas.

not to all drivers there mopar , just the meester that wants to throw every1 else under the bus .
I always thaught we were a team and all in this together..
He wants to says screw every1 but the driver , he has included dockworks and your family in this thread and any one that has earned a pension
HE HAS A PRETTY HIGH OPINION OF HIMSELF..thinks he is the only 1 worth his pay.
If you are in total agreement with this forestgimp then i feel sorry for the both of you.

absolute financial genius.

hey gumpster, who do you work for and what do you do?

trust me, quit whatever you're doing and head to wall street.

if you need s'more college go to harvard they have an awesome mba degree program there.

george w bush and hank paulson are both harvard mba's.

It basically costs yrc the same as anyone else to send a driver to go pick up or deliver the freight at the customer's dock. It costs about the same in labor, fuel, and the tractor trailer. It is when the freight comes back to YRC that the costs explode. Our main competitors Fed Ex and Con-Way dont use full time dock workers. Fed Ex has a few AF holdovers Con-Way has none. This needs to be changed if yrc is going to compete. Our road drivers sleep in hotels when out on the road. This is a huge unnecessay expense. Fed ex and Con - way drivers return to their home domicle everyday. This frees the company from hotel expenses and allows these road drivers to sleep in their own beds. It always shocked me to see our brothers working weekends while s--- company drivers had weekends off. The massive health and welfare benefits are killing YRC. this whole notion of only working 3 days a week to get h&w is just plain silly. What other business in America not just freight pays h&w of this magnitude for "part time" employees? yrc also pays the same h&w for a single employee as they do for families. Ask around to other people you know most companies dont do this. usually company X pays so much for single coverage and the employee has to pick up a bigger share for family coverage. I know its this way at Fed-Ex dont know about Con-Way dont talk to those guys too much. Our pension at this point is nothing more than a scam. As soon as "your" money gets paid in a retiree takes it. There are far to many retirees compared to active teamsters. Between UPS pulling out and the recent stock market performance I doubt any of us will really see a pension. Cut the pensions. How is it fair to those who are working for retirees to take more out of the pot than they ever put in. The same goes for the retiree health insurance. Im not trying to single anyone out. The fact remains there is just not enough money coming in to justify what is being paid out. There hasnt been enough organizing going on to make up the difference of how many teamster companies have gone out of business. The recent layoffs at yrc will only make the pension problems that much worse. Basically if yrc closes the pension will be that much closer to being insolvent. Cuts need to be made here first before taking it from those who still work. It isnt driver wages that need to be cut in order to save yrc. There is a lot of fat that needs to be cut. Once the fat is trimmed we can look at other things. Sell the Chinese company. Shut down logistics and other the other companies that arent pulling their weight. Stop the nascar team and the golfer. Redo BZ and the board of directors contracts and get rid of the golden parachutes.
If this were true how is New Penn & ABF profitable??? ABF has the exact same union rules to work with & they are profitable....what they don't have that YRC has is DEBT. DEBT caused by bad business decisions!!

Con-Way's plan adjust to- Member, member + Spouse, member + dependents or Member + Spouse & dependents...

If this were true how is New Penn & ABF profitable??? ABF has the exact same union rules to work with & they are profitable....what they don't have that YRC has is DEBT. DEBT caused by bad business decisions!!

yes it is debt. unfortunatly we have no chance of paying it back under our current system. the economy will not improve anytime soon.

absolute financial genius.

hey gumpster, who do you work for and what do you do?

trust me, quit whatever you're doing and head to wall street.

if you need s'more college go to harvard they have an awesome mba degree program there.

george w bush and hank paulson are both harvard mba's.

actually bush went to yale.

lol vwaggs just a shot at the author of this post .meester threw and threw

actually it would be through and through. as far as mester goes... i would like the union to survive and its not going to by carrying dead weight. im sorry that supply and demand for forklift drivers has not keep pace with drivers. perhaps you should spend more of your free time organizing non union shops and then there would not be such a difference between what you make and the rest of the market for forklift drivers make.

meester power 4 never

meester power- get rid of dockmen, give a drivers a raise, divide and conquer.guess what, if this comes to a vote, to get rid of dockmen, and it did once b4, you are hunting for a job right with us dockmen. who is next? get rid of union office staff, to save money? mechanics? maint. peeps? who- anyone but you-king meester. wonder why unions suck? stand in front of a mirror. you are why they suck. see the enemy-he is you.

IT'S Done, You can not stop, or control it. It is the beginning of the end. 3 months or 6 months, its the end.
Take all your 2009 vacation, and sick days ASAP,or you will lose them. Start putting applications elsewhere, and if called take the new job. Bang them out for the OT, and put it away for your bills, until the end. If you can get a early retirement, take it now, while there's money in the fund, will not last long. And ABF will properly buy out of the fund now, like UPS did.
I am Union and will die Union. And I also, have 23 vested in the master freight pension fund,with a few locals 707, 560, 282 I will properly not see a penny of this money now.
Please get a hold of your self's, you use your brain,and efforts when you post here, Apply the same, to find other work, or making extra money some how, Think Man!:1036316054:

meester power- get rid of dockmen, give a drivers a raise, divide and conquer.guess what, if this comes to a vote, to get rid of dockmen, and it did once b4, you are hunting for a job right with us dockmen. who is next? get rid of union office staff, to save money? mechanics? maint. peeps? who- anyone but you-king meester. wonder why unions suck? stand in front of a mirror. you are why they suck. see the enemy-he is you.

what is your solution? if you dont like my ideas then by all means come up with something better. we cant raise prices to make up for the differences in costs between us and the competition. abf is doing okay but they dont have massive amounts of debt so bill could build his empire. i seriously doubt that roadway or usf could be resold in this economic environment. so we should all go down together is that it and make sure that the union is dead? that makes a lot of sense to me. need i remind you that yrc is in business to make a profit not provide you with a job.

why keep the union? do you not do your job well enough you need them to help you keep it ? maybe you should offer up all your bennies and a cut back and 2 other guys that want a union job can work since you are so willing take everything from every 1 else.
some guys just think they are so much more important than the whole group its sickening.
you must be the last great driver left on earth . i know for a fact i could do your job and would bet my life you couldnt do a whole days work for your money

why keep the union? do you not do your job well enough you need them to help you keep it ? maybe you should offer up all your bennies and a cut back and 2 other guys that want a union job can work since you are so willing take everything from every 1 else.
some guys just think they are so much more important than the whole group its sickening.
you must be the last great driver left on earth . i know for a fact i could do your job and would bet my life you couldnt do a whole days work for your money

i do my job just fine. i show up for work on time everyday. i also have zero accidents on my record. if you dont feel that you are overpaid then by all means share with class where you could work besides yrc or other teamster freight operation and make even close to what you make here to be a fork lift driver. how many full time dock workers does UPS parcel use... none. how much more do their drivers make more than me to drive an ice cream truck with no CDL?? Is UPS hurting for money ... i rest my case.

better hope they dont start making you take a stress test to drive , we all know just how hard it is to get that fat head all the way up in that cab.
like it or not dock worker's are part of the work force.if you had to load your own you would still be at the dock with your 1st load.
unbelievable just how important and unreplacable you think you are

better hope they dont start making you take a stress test to drive , we all know just how hard it is to get that fat head all the way up in that cab.
like it or not dock worker's are part of the work force.if you had to load your own you would still be at the dock with your 1st load.
unbelievable just how important and unreplacable you think you are

actually i work out three times a week so i dont know where the fat head part comes in. funny though you didnt answer any of my questions. UPS has no trouble finding part time dock workers for 8-9 dollars per hour. i think the nons are paying 15ish for their part time dockworkers with no bennys. so you tell me who is replacable??? and if i were to have to load my own trailer at least then it would be in geographical order and i wouldnt spend half my day going back and forth and would improve my numbers even more. thanks for the tip.

you are a real piece of work . you have an answer for everything . maybe you should be running the whole show . im sure we would be all ok then..
working for min. wages with no bennies. hope you and your ego get "through" this because god knows we couldnt make it without some1 as unreplacable as you.
thks goodness jeff has added this ignore button .