ODFL | Was let go today

motman68

TB Lurker
Credits
Well its been a month since putting in for a transfer.Interviewed on monday in roanoke .Found it kinda strange for the TM to ask what my nationality was.I was told to call today to work 3 days next week running linehaul and city to see which would be a better fit for me.Well my bubble was popped this morning when I was informed that he hired someone from the outside who knew the area.When I started at OD 3 years ago I was new to the area I was working also .

Well its been a month since putting in for a transfer.Interviewed on monday in roanoke .Found it kinda strange for the TM to ask what my nationality was.I was told to call today to work 3 days next week running linehaul and city to see which would be a better fit for me.Well my bubble was popped this morning when I was informed that he hired someone from the outside who knew the area.When I started at OD 3 years ago I was new to the area I was working also .

All this has been very unusual.

Funny, that situation sounds like my TM, you 2 say this is unusual, well this is the norm for my terminal, I like OD a lot, but maybe I chose a crappy terminal.

Funny, that situation sounds like my TM, you 2 say this is unusual, well this is the norm for my terminal, I like OD a lot, but maybe I chose a crappy terminal.

Must be. Unfortunately, you always have some bad among the good. Hopefully, they get shown the door sometime in the near future. We as a company are better than that.

Very true... it isn't all rosy and peachy at every terminal. With over 200+ locations in the system and each place acting like its own little company/govt you're bound to run into a few bad managers. My suggestion to anyone looking to apply, if you see a fresh out of college crew running a terminal, RUN!!!!

Have you had any contact with anyone in Thomasville during all this? If not I think I would be making a phone call. I've got their number if you need it. Good luck to you and I hope this can get worked out.

spoke to vp of personnel today and was told that the terminal manager never asked me my race during my interview .Thanks to all those who tried to help me but I'm done trying to stay with a company who turns there backs on there drivers

spoke to vp of personnel today and was told that the terminal manager never asked me my race during my interview .Thanks to all those who tried to help me but I'm done trying to stay with a company who turns there backs on there drivers

That's too bad, bad situation I apologize for their actions, that is not who we are as a company.

Gotta love how they told YOU what was or wasn't said. That's my my phone records all calls in / out!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Maybe somebody could research the big www. and get more background on this.We all leave tracks.Some more than others.

That's one of the problems I had with od....is that the tms have two much power...

It's really hard to control 300 terminals from Thomasville, or from any HQ for any company. Every region is different, and just like with anything else, humans sometimes like to abuse their powers. Just the nature of the world we live in.